Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Networking -- netstat -ano
Special Forums IP Networking Networking -- netstat -ano Post 302349924 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 2nd of September 2009 08:59:44 AM
Old 09-02-2009
Look at your /etc/services file for a list of the services which are using these ports.
For example, port 1157 is a well known port for Oracle iasControl.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Netstat

Giving netstat command on the prompt gives commands such as localhost.43592 localhost.35237 32768 0 32768 0 TIME_WAIT localhost.43594 localhost.43595 32768 0 32768 0 TIME_WAIT localhost.43598 localhost.35237 32768 0 32768 0 TIME_WAIT... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netstat question

I'm sure this a simple networking question. I was performing a traceroute to a client of ours that connects to us over the internet. They were having problems connecting to us and I when I did the traceroute command it would stop at about 5 hops and give me 3 stars continously (* * *) What does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

netstat

Hi what is the command to see the process name/application name along with the port number, connection status ... netstat is not giving process/application name Is there any way to know which application is holding which port? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
3 Replies

4. Solaris

netstat -- what am i looking at?

Greetings to all, Here is a line of output from my netstat command cbp031.904 wdcprodhome.nfsd 98304 0 49640 0 ESTABLISHED The only thing i recognize is the unix machine "cbp031" but what is .904 and all the other data telling me? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with netstat

Hi, I want to list the time for how long a secure connections last to my server/blade. i am using netstat command to get the same, but not sure how to get the time for how long connections is being ESTABLISHED. netstat -na | grep 'ESTABLISHED' | grep :443 |awk '{print $4}' | cut -d: -f1 |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

netstat

Hi Can any body tell me about TIME_WAIT status meaning in the following command output. # netstat -anp|grep 5000 tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:50006 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 5058/ccsd tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:50008 0.0.0.0:* ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netstat -a is hanging??

Hi, I am on Solaris 10 server. I wanted to see a port is ESTABLISHED or in the LISTEN mode. But when I do netstat -a |grep 22205, it's hanging. I have waited over two minutes. Is it possible, something else is wrong on the server? I don't see anything on /var/adm/messages file. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

netstat

When running netstat -i from the Command Terminal, It returns with 21 different connections.. The addresses all look like this: ::1 fe80:1::1 10:dd:b1:a5:c4:ba with Network names like Linke#2 fe80::8e2d How can I delve deeper into this to clarify what is going on with my network?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwfiedler
0 Replies
GETSERVENT(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     GETSERVENT(3)

NAME
getservent, getservbyname, getservbyport, setservent, endservent - get service entry SYNOPSIS
#include <netdb.h> struct servent *getservent(void); struct servent *getservbyname(const char *name, const char *proto); struct servent *getservbyport(int port, const char *proto); void setservent(int stayopen); void endservent(void); DESCRIPTION
The getservent() function reads the next line from the file /etc/services and returns a structure servent containing the broken out fields from the line. The /etc/services file is opened if necessary. The getservbyname() function returns a servent structure for the line from /etc/services that matches the service name using protocol proto. If proto is NULL, any protocol will be matched. The getservbyport() function returns a servent structure for the line that matches the port port given in network byte order using protocol proto. If proto is NULL, any protocol will be matched. The setservent() function opens and rewinds the /etc/services file. If stayopen is true (1), then the file will not be closed between calls to getservbyname() and getservbyport(). The endservent() function closes /etc/services. The servent structure is defined in <netdb.h> as follows: struct servent { char *s_name; /* official service name */ char **s_aliases; /* alias list */ int s_port; /* port number */ char *s_proto; /* protocol to use */ } The members of the servent structure are: s_name The official name of the service. s_aliases A zero terminated list of alternative names for the service. s_port The port number for the service given in network byte order. s_proto The name of the protocol to use with this service. RETURN VALUE
The getservent(), getservbyname() and getservbyport() functions return the servent structure, or a NULL pointer if an error occurs or the end of the file is reached. FILES
/etc/services services database file CONFORMING TO
BSD 4.3 SEE ALSO
getprotoent(3), getnetent(3), services(5) BSD
2001-07-25 GETSERVENT(3)