Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Looking for a web page that won't let me in Post 302340384 by zaxxon on Monday 3rd of August 2009 09:45:57 AM
Old 08-03-2009
Setup an webserver like Apache with a page that gives you what you want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web page hosting

I built my website based on Dreamweaver, on Windows platform. My server uses Unix, and the page doesn't look too good. Is there any way to solve this problem without too much of a headache? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PCL
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

making a web page

Hey im new to unix! I am tryin to create a web page in unix and have done it all but when i try and load it it says permission denied!?> i have chmod a+rx for folder and file to make sure but still permissions wont let me?! any ideas can anyone do a quick run through of how to make a web page... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashora
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Web Page

Hello, I am new to unix, but wanted to know how can we fetch data from a web page (i.e. an HTML Page), my requirement is to read an html page and wanted to create a flat file (text file) based on the contents available in the mentioned HTML page. Thanks Imtiaz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imtiaz
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make a Web page

I'm 13 years of age and I am into computers. I am trying to learn how to make a webpage. I could use the help and I would greatly appriciate it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lydia98
1 Replies

5. Programming

fetching a web page in C

Hello, I'm a total newbie to HTTP commands, so I'm not sure how to do this. What I'd like is to write a C program to fetch the contents of a html page of a given address. Could someone help with this? Thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayne
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File to web page

Hi all, I am having an XML file. And as per requirement I need to map fields of this file with various field of web page. So how can I use wput command into it ? Regards, gander_ss (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gander_ss
3 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Get a web page through CLI

Is there a way we can get a web page through CLI on a unix machine? Please help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing to a web page

I have a shell script that runs periodic upgrades on machines. I want to print certain echo commands from the shell script onto a webpage. What command in shell should I use for doing this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
1 Replies

9. AIX

nmon and web page !

nmon and web page ! Is there any way to let nmon be configured with external Web Page and updating the same web page to be graphic monitoring. Pls advice ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

10. Slackware

Printer won't print but 1 page

OS: Slackwar 13.37 Printer: hpDeskjet 1000 j110 Printer Drivers/Software: HPLIP 3.11.3a (min was 3.10.9) and Cups The printer will print the first of n-pages but from page 2 on it prints the page (or part of it) backs up and starts again down about 0.8 lines and does this repeatedly till the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies
LOCATE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 LOCATE(1)

NAME
locate -- find files SYNOPSIS
locate [-d dbpath] pattern DESCRIPTION
locate searches a database for all pathnames which match the specified pattern. The database is recomputed periodically, and contains the pathnames of all files which are publicly accessible. Shell globbing and quoting characters (``*'', ``?'', ``'', ``['' and ``]'') may be used in pattern, although they will have to be escaped from the shell. Preceding any character with a backslash (``'') eliminates any special meaning which it may have. The matching differs in that no characters must be matched explicitly, including slashes (``/''). As a special case, a pattern containing no globbing characters (``foo'') is matched as though it were ``*foo*''. Options: -d dbpath Sets the list of databases to search to dbpath which can name one or more database files separated by ``:'', an empty component in the list represents the default database. The environment variable LOCATE_PATH has the same effect. FILES
/var/db/locate.database Default database EXIT STATUS
locate exits with a 0 if a match is found, and >0 if no match is found or if another problem (such as a missing or corrupted database file) is encountered. SEE ALSO
find(1), fnmatch(3), locate.conf(5), weekly.conf(5), locate.updatedb(8) Woods, James A., "Finding Files Fast", ;login, 8:1, pp. 8-10, 1983. HISTORY
The locate command appeared in 4.4BSD. BSD
April 19, 2004 BSD