Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copy unix filesystem to windows Post 302335609 by zaxxon on Monday 20th of July 2009 05:02:31 AM
Old 07-20-2009
Ad hoc I don't know if there is a possibility, but you could try to check happens if you set up a samba server on the Unix box for example and copy stuff over to Windows filesystems. Or you can try to use NFS.
I doubt anything will stay the same though.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copy data from Windows to Unix any help?

I have a log file that I would like to copy from my windows pc to my unix pc for further processuon. Is there any command that can help me perform this task?. I already have a cron to fire up the process, but nothing seems to be coming up. I am trying to use ftp but nothing is coming forth.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: odogbolu98
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy and paste from MS Windows to Unix

Where I work we run unix through Microsoft windows, so my unix Windows appear on my MS Windows desktop. I surf the net with Microsoft Internet Explorer, is there anyway I can copy and paste examples from the net into my Unix windows? Thank you (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loaded Gun
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to format a floppy in unix filesystem from windows

Hi, we have a strange problem. We have to format any floppy disk HD in unix filesystem mode (SCO) but we haven't unix workstations. Are there any software to make this formatting from windows xp pc ? Regards Gianpaolo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elektra
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy from Windows to Unix

How do i copy a jar file from Windows to Unix?I am using eTrust single sign on tool to connect to the unix server. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghanshyam
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copy Paste across UNIX and Windows ?

how to select all the text from a file in Unix and then paste it in Notepad in windows? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy file from Windows to Unix

I have a file in windows that I need to copy to UNIX. How can I FTP binary to the UNIX server. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abou202
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy from vi Editor ( unix ) to windows

How to copy the complete content from a file in vi Editor to windows ( notepad ). I can use " select " and paste it to windows but this is restricted to current page. Not allowing me to scroll down or up when selecting the content.:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy paste to windows from unix

I generally highlight the content in unix terminal and use ctrl+v to paste in windows and it was working. Recently I noticed that if I copy in unix and paste in windows, it works once and then it does not work the second time. Then if I do a ctrl+c in a windows app to select a text and then go back... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: carv_13
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command to copy files from Windows to UNIX box

Hi Folks, I have a file name abc.xml in my windows machine at the location c:\ytr\abc.xml which I want to place at the unix box machine inside cde directory.. at the following location that is /opt/app/cde/ now the credentials of unix box are abc345 -->(dummyid) ftyiu88--->(dummy passwd) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
4 Replies
QUOTAON(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						QUOTAON(8)

NAME
quotaon, quotaoff -- turn filesystem quotas on and off SYNOPSIS
quotaon [-g] [-u] [-v] filesystem ... quotaon [-g] [-u] [-v] -a quotaoff [-g] [-u] [-v] filesystem ... quotaoff [-g] [-u] [-v] -a DESCRIPTION
Quotaon announces to the system that disk quotas should be enabled on one or more filesystems. Quotaoff announces to the system that the specified filesystems should have disk quotas turned off. The filesystem must be mounted and it must have the appropriate mount option file located at its root, the .quota.ops.user file for user quota configuration, and the .quota.ops.group file for group quota configuration. Quotaon also expects each filesystem to have the appropriate quota data files located at its root, the .quota.user file for user data, and the .quota.group file for group data. These filenames and their root location cannot be overridden. By default, quotaon will attempt to enable both user and group quotas. By default, quotaoff will disable both user and group quotas. Available options: -a If the -a flag is supplied in place of any filesystem names, quotaon/quotaoff will enable/disable any filesystems with an existing mount option file at its root. The mount option file specifies the types of quotas that are to be configured. -g Only group quotas will be enabled/disabled. The mount option file, .quota.ops.group, must exist at the root of the filesystem. -u Only user quotas will be enabled/disabled. The mount option file, .quota.ops.user, must exist at the root of the filesystem. -v Causes quotaon and quotaoff to print a message for each filesystem where quotas are turned on or off. Specifying both -g and -u is equivalent to the default. Quotas for both users and groups will automatically be turned on at filesystem mount if the appropriate mount option file and binary data file is in place at its root. FILES
Each of the following quota files is located at the root of the mounted filesystem. The mount option files are empty files whose existence indicates that quotas are to be enabled for that filesystem. .quota.user data file containing user quotas .quota.group data file containing group quotas .quota.ops.user mount option file used to enable user quotas .quota.ops.group mount option file used to enable group quotas SEE ALSO
quota(1), quotactl(2), edquota(8), quotacheck(8), repquota(8) HISTORY
The quotaon command appeared in 4.2BSD. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution October 17, 2002 4.2 Berkeley Distribution