Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Configuring xSun for automatic remote login window Post 302329336 by ua-agent on Friday 26th of June 2009 04:57:51 PM
Old 06-26-2009
Configuring xSun for automatic remote login window

Hey folks, I wish every one is just great. I got to do this:

I'm trying to configure my Solaris 10 clients to Automatically Show the login windows of the Main Server whenever the Client restarts or a user logs out.

By other means, the Client user don't have to Go to Options->Remote-Login-> each time he wants to login to the Main server.

Cheers Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic login script

Hi, I'm a beginner in unix.As a part of my script i need to remote logon using ssh. my script run as being asked for password and logons only after the user enters the password correctly. But my script stops executing after that as I login to a different server(different shell if i'm right).... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dayanand
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automatic login

Hello all, I need a script that can run an sftp session into a remote server, and retreive a file. Does anyone know how to pass in the user/password details in a script? I seem to have forgotten (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Automatic login

Hi, Boss I have a question.... BackGround: i have a shell name xxxLineInput.x the useage is: xxxLineInput.x -Txxx -Uxxx -Pxxx when i use the command line..can run normal. Target: i want to set automatic login, the mean is when i login the as the specifical... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: surainbow
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatic login

I need a script that will let me connect to my hpux server with just a click of the icon without type my username and password. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tree740
5 Replies

5. Slackware

Automatic login without X

I know how to set up KDM or GDM to do automatic login, but is there a way to do it without GDM or KDM or X at all so when I start the machine I am immediately taken to a waiting command prompt? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kinda a noob: Automatic window sizing and placement

I am attempting to create a script that runs automatically upon logging in and opens and places windows in appropriate places. I have the script running such that it starts during login, but I cannot get things how and where I want them. This should be relatively simple, I just can't figure it out... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wydileie
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatic login at startup

Hi, how can I set my linux server that it logs in the main user at startup? I would like to be able to make a restart remotely and be able to connect to the server again afterwards. The problem is that the server waits for a login and than connects to the network. So at the beginning at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: borobudur
5 Replies

8. Solaris

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/usr password

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/user password with rlogin we can ujse .rhosts file but with ssh howits possible plz guide (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Automatic Login to Desktop

On Solaris 11 is it possible to bypass the userid/password requirement to automatically login to the desktop ? I'm the sole user and it is really not necessary to secure the system. I have searched this forum and have not found a relevant post. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stansaraczewski
2 Replies
chsh(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   chsh(1)

NAME
chsh - change default login shell SYNOPSIS
login-name [shell] login-name [shell] login-name [shell] login-name [shell] DESCRIPTION
The command changes the login-shell for a user's login name in the repository (see passwd(1)). The DCE repository is only available if Integrated Login has been configured; see auth.adm(1M). If Integrated Login has been configured, other considerations apply. A user with appropriate DCE privileges is capable of modifying a user's shell; this is not dependent upon superuser privileges. If the repository is not specified (as in [login-name]), the login shell is changed in the file only. Run after running to make sure the information was processed correctly. Notes The command is a hard link to the command. When is executed, actually the command gets executed with appropriate arguments to change the user login shell in the repository specified in command line. If no repository is specified, the login shell is changed in the file. Arguments login-name A login name of a user. shell The absolute path name of a shell. If the file exists, the new login shell must be listed in that file. Otherwise, you can specify one of the standard shells listed in the getusershell(3C) manual entry. If shell is omitted, it defaults to the POSIX shell, Options The following option is recognized: Specify the repository to which the operation is to be applied. Supported repositories include and Security Restrictions You must have appropriate privileges to use the optional login-name argument to change another user's login shell. NETWORKING FEATURES
NFS File can be implemented as a Network Information Service (NIS) database. EXAMPLES
To change the login shell for user to the default: To change the login shell for user to the C shell: To change the login shell for user to the Korn shell in the DCE registry: WARNINGS
If two or more users try to write the file at the same time, a passwd locking mechanism was devised. If this locking fails after subse- quent retrying, terminates. AUTHOR
was developed by HP and the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
SEE ALSO
chfn(1), csh(1), ksh(1), passwd(1), sh(1), sh-posix(1), getusershell(3C), pam(3), passwd(4), shells(4). chsh(1)