Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: can't pair BT keyboard/mice
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers can't pair BT keyboard/mice Post 302325080 by baron_harkonnen on Friday 12th of June 2009 04:16:08 PM
Old 06-12-2009
can't pair BT keyboard/mice

hello,
i can't pair BT keyboard and mice under OS X leopard 10.5.7 installed on pc hardware using ipc osx86 10.5.6 final dvd. I could not find any answers on the web, nor on the osx86 forums, so i figured out maybe ill try my luck on linux/unix forum, after all from what i know os x is basicly a unix...

the problem is - bt manager can see the KB/Mice, but when it tryes to pair with it - asks to type a pass key on the keyboard and press enter - nothing happens, and it just times out saying "failed to pair the device, make sure bla bla bla".

i've tried to instal MSBIOS patches, and changing BT adapter (i have 3 now...) nothing works.
though everything did work the first time i installed os x, and worked after i updated os x to newer version, and restored my kernel extensions, but after i restarted - nothing works.

my question really is - if you do know what may help - please post it, and if you don't, maybe you could explain to me what part controls all the bluetooth related stuff - is it the kernel (and then i'll try to reinstall with different one - curently it's vanilla kernel), or it's related to kernel extensions, or is it something else.

also i'd like to try to pair using command line - i did so once on UBUNTU, but with a help of my friend (who is unavailable now...) and it worked, i thought maybe it'll work here, but i can't find a guide on a web on what to type in the command line (iam very new to this). i'd be glad if someone could post a guide on how to do so, or a link...

thanx in advance!

my specs are:

ASUS Maximus Formula, Q6600 2.4GHz, NVIDIA 8600 GT 256mb.
OS X 10,5,7 (updated) installed with iPC 10,5,6 final dvd: Vanilla kernel; Extensions: Legacy Timemachine Fix; NVdarwin 256mb; Intel ICHx SATA Drivers; AD1988B; Marvell Yukon 88E8056; Patched USB drivers; SATA Driver Icon Fix (New); Finder 10.5.5 + keyboard.prefpane; USB mount fix;
Applications: AppleHDAPatcher; EFI Studio; OSx86 Tools Utility; Perian; Universal OSx86 Installer; NTFS 3-G + MacFUSE

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

My Linux is afraid of mice

Okay here's the lowdown: I try Linux out and I think it kicks ass. But I can't use my little scrolli-bobber middle mouse button that I have become so attached to. So I try to just select some random 3-button mouse config from 'kontrol-panel' in KDE and reboot (stupid, STUPID move). Now I can't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orikal
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I map Unix keyboard for PC keyboard

A Solaris AXI 440 machine with Solaris 8 version. I have PC users who use an emulation to login to the Solaris server. How can I change the keyboard mapping of the Sun keyboard to fit to the PC keyboard ? Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simhab
1 Replies

3. Programming

Using ioctl to read mice inputs

I was wondering if its possible to read mouse inputs using ioctl functions somehow ? If it is not too much of trouble can anyone write or even direct me to sample code of ioctl reading someother HID. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard

Hi, I've got a bit of a ridiculous problem and wasn't sure where to post it. I need to use the vertical bar for piping in Bash but, as per the title, am using a UK layout on a US (physical) keyboard which doesn't have a key for it in the place I'd expect. I've tried using xbindkeys and Unicode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
7 Replies

5. AIX

How to find pair VIOS?

Hi, I have the scenario, that there 3 VIOS in a Frame in this 2 are in dual VIOS My question is how to find which VIOS are in dual? Also, any vios command to identify the pair member (hostname) of a dual VIOS Regards, Siva (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pair wise comparisons

Hi, I have 25 groups and I need to perform all possible pairwise compariosns between them using the formula n(n-1)/2. SO in my case it will be 25(25-1)/2 which is equal to 300 comparisons. my 25 groups are FG1 FG2 FG3 FG4 FG5 NT5E CD44 CD44 CD44 AXL ADAM19 CCDC80 L1CAM L1CAM CD44... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies
VMMOUSE(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							VMMOUSE(4)

NAME
vmmouse - VMware Mouse input driver SYNOPSIS
Section "InputDevice" Identifier "idevname" Driver "vmmouse" ... EndSection DESCRIPTION
vmmouse is an XFree86 input driver for mice. The driver supports most available mouse types and interfaces. USB mice are only supported on some OSs, and the level of support for PS/2 mice depends on the OS. The vmmouse driver functions as a pointer input device, and may be used as the X server's core pointer. Multiple mice are supported by multiple instances of this driver. CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to xorg.conf(5) for general configuration details and for options that can be used with all input drivers. This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver. The driver will automatically detect if the vmmouse device is present and if it is not, it will load the regular mouse driver and attempt to fall back to it. There are no vmmouse specific options, but if you set mouse(4) options, they will be passed on. See the mouse(4) man page for details on these options. SEE ALSO
Xorg(1), xorg.conf(5), Xserver(1), X(7), mouse(4) AUTHORS
Copyright (c) 1999-2007 VMware, Inc. X Version 11 xf86-input-vmmouse 12.9.0 VMMOUSE(4)