Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to find if a device is hotswapable or not Post 302323381 by AIXlearner on Sunday 7th of June 2009 11:25:33 AM
Old 06-07-2009
How to find if a device is hotswapable or not

How to find if a device is hotswapable or not

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

PCI device probe and find

:confused: Hi, everybody. Pleeeeese HLP!!! I write PCI device driver for bridge controller PCI-VME bus in freeBSD 2.2. And firs run function probe(): static char* probe(tag, type). Whuy probe() don't work for my vendorID and deviceID (bridge controller and videoadapter). But... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alex_T
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing hotswapable HDD

I want to be able to remove the hotswapable HDD to which I wrote backup .tar files. So I umount the thing (every slice) and than I simply pull out the HDD ? Or what ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuultak
6 Replies

3. Solaris

from where i can find the CDROM device

Hi, I attached the CDROM device in sun 2500 system , Now i want to mount this device. From where i can find the CDROM device. Thnx.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aamir Sahil
2 Replies

4. BSD

PROBE not find the device ID

Hi All, Probe is not returning the Device ID, while device (PCI Express-to-PCI Bridge) is already detected by "lspci". I checked this with printing all the device ID which has been detected. Can anyone give me any suggestion or solution. Thanks (in advance) Appu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appu
2 Replies

5. AIX

How to find all device on p570 when need do device firmware upgrade?

I need upgrade firmware for the device of p570, when I go to IBM FIX download website, there are a lot of device of p570 listed. How can I know what device I have on my p570? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find any device online/offline

what is the command for checking which device active and which is not active (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Find out which device uses X.25 port

I'm new to Solaris. We have a server running SunOS 5.8 and sends messages through X.25 port (card is symicron). How to determine which /dev/* it uses? I have searched the web, most sites show that X.25 use /dev/cua/a or /dev/cua/b. I tried to send command from shell echo disptime > /dev/cua/a,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: myjava
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to find used space on RAW device?

Hi, I'm trying to find out how to see used space on RAW device. I tried with prtvtoc -f RAWdevice but for 3 different device I'm getting the same FREE_SIZE which look a bit impossible. root@zg8cscfb1> prtvtoc -f /dev/md/redodg/rdsk/d300 FREE_START=0 FREE_SIZE=20352 FREE_COUNT=1 FREE_PART=... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarioT
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Find device ID for partition in Solaris 11?

I have a laptop I'm setting up to multi-boot between Win 7, Solaris 11, Ubuntu 14.04, and CentOS 7. I have a common FAT32 partition for all of them to save data to. I'm less familiar with Solaris and haven't used it in years, and am really struggling :-) 'format' says: AVAILABLE DISK... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Can't find a device under /dev

Hi all, I am trying to see /dev/hwrng but can not find it. There are /dev/random and /dev/urandom but not the hwrng. Works the same config at other os. Any idea what might be happening ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: t35t
2 Replies
hal-find(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      hal-find(1M)

NAME
hal-find, hal-find-by-capability, hal-find-by-property - search HAL global device list SYNOPSIS
hal-find-by-capability --capability capability [--help] [--verbose] [--version] hal-find-by-property --key key --string value [--help] [--verbose] [--version] DESCRIPTION
The hal-find commands, hal-find-by-capability and hal-find-by-property, search the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) device list by speci- fied criteria and displays results on the standard output. hal-find-by-capability searches by capability, such as volume or block. hal- find-by-property searches by property, such as block.is_volume or volume.disc.has_audio. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --capability capability HAL device capability to search for. --help Display list of options. --key key The key to the property that is the basis of the search. --string value The string value associated with the property that is the basis of the search. --verbose Verbose mode. --version Display version and exit. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhalr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hald(1M), attributes(5), hal(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Aug 2006 hal-find(1M)