Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: then: then/endif not found
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users then: then/endif not found Post 302323114 by asadlone on Friday 5th of June 2009 11:56:53 AM
Old 06-05-2009
the script is not running in c shell for bash shell its ok.
how can we check for c shell dependencies

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP ld.so.1 NOT FOUND

I made the fatal mistake of rename the usr directory. I cannot run any commands due to the fact that ld.so.1 is in usr/lib/--and it doesn't exist How can I recover my system? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OM not found

Hello everybody: Im facing this weird problem on my SUN V890 running SOL9, from time to time I keep getting this error from the prompt when i press enter for blank: OM: not found sometimes if I entered a coomand it will give me: OM(command name):not found, but repeating the same command it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Surrounding a chunk of code by #ifdef and #endif

Hello the great gurus :) I'm quite new to this, so perhaps I'm asking a simple and trivial question (which is good, because you'll answer for sure :)))) Anyway. I have an amount of *.c files (about 100), and what I want to do, is to surround a specific function call with #ifdef and #endif. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxxaxa
6 Replies

5. Solaris

-sh: H: not found

I have found this error when i logged in as root: su - Any body have any idea where this error coming from or what is not working? -Adeel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deal732
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help ( sh: not found )

I have the script like this - When i try to running manually it's running as well, no error but when i put on the cronjob it give output Somebody can help me ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

if else endif using csh

I am trying to use csh to do an if statement as below if ( $tmaxf2 > $tmaxf1 ) then set tmax = $tmaxf2 else set tmax = $tmaxf1 endif Does not work and I'm getting if: Badly formed number. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

8. Programming

curses.h not found , gtk/gtk.h not found

i have downloaded <libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386.deb> and <ndk++-0.0.1alpha4.tar.bz2> which contains the header files curses.h and gtk/gtk.h .. i have also included them using .. #include "/home/ball/Desktop/Sudoku/project/libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386/usr/include/curses.h" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If first pattern is found, look for second pattern. If second pattern not found, delete line

I had a spot of trouble coming up with a title, hopefully you'll understand once you read my problem... :) I have the output of an ldapsearch that looks like this: dn: cn=sam,ou=company,o=com uidNumber: 7174 gidNumber: 49563 homeDirectory: /home/sam loginshell: /bin/bash uid: sam... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samgoober
2 Replies
NEWUSER(8)						      System Manager's Manual							NEWUSER(8)

NAME
newuser - adding a new user SYNOPSIS
rc /sys/lib/newuser DESCRIPTION
To establish a new user on Plan 9, add the user's name to /adm/users by running the newuser command on the console of the file server (see users(6) and fs(8)). Next, give the user a password using the changeuser command on the console of the authentication server (see auth(8)). At this point, the user can bootstrap a terminal using the new name and password. The terminal will only get as far as running rc, however, as no profile exists for the user. The rc(1) script /sys/lib/newuser sets up a sensible environment for a new user of Plan 9. Once the terminal is running rc, type rc /sys/lib/newuser to build the necessary directories in /usr/$user and create a reasonable initial profile in /usr/$user/lib/profile. The script then runs the profile which, as its last step, brings up 81/2(1). At this point the user's environment is established and running. (There is no need to reboot.) It may be prudent at this point to run passwd(1) to change the password, depending on how the initial password was cho- sen. The profile built by /sys/lib/newuser looks like this: bind -a $home/bin/rc /bin bind -a $home/bin/$cputype /bin font = /lib/font/bit/pelm/euro.9.font switch($service){ case terminal prompt=('term% ' ' ') fn term%{ $* } exec 81/2 case cpu bind -b /mnt/term/mnt/81/2 /dev prompt=('cpu% ' ' ') echo -n $sysname > /dev/label fn cpu%{ $* } news case con prompt=('cpu% ' ' ') news } Sites may make changes to /sys/lib/newuser that reflect the properties of the local environment. Use the -c option of mail(1) to create a mailbox. SEE ALSO
passwd(1), 81/2(1), namespace(4), users(6), auth(8), fs(8) NEWUSER(8)