Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris Installation
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Installation Post 302316706 by parmar.kunal on Saturday 16th of May 2009 04:30:30 AM
Old 05-16-2009
no.. they should not have an impact

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris Installation

Each and every time I tried to install Solaris 8 on my Dell Dimension (Intel P II - 400 MHz processor) the system hangs up. I am not able to load the Operating System at all. The same software works on other PC(different make). If anyone has a solution, please let me know. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpedditi
6 Replies

2. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 Installation

Firstly, I'm still new to all the technical of OS. But I'm learning. Hence I am starting to explore Unix via Solaris 10. Today, I backed up all my files and formatted my computer. I only have one physical hard drive of about 250GB. So unpartitioned all my exisiting drives and start my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xannen
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Installation

Hi, I want to know as we can install Sun Solaris through hyperterminal,Wheather any other software is coming through which we can install sun solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

5. Solaris

new installation Solaris

hi guys im totally new to Solaris - i can use it for some functions (like at work) but installing is a first for me - please dont flame if there are any stupid questions; allright, my set up is a gigabyte motherboard which is supposed to work (BigAdmin - HCL: Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H ) 4... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Landser
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Installation

Hi all, I have a question.... Where can we find the default log locations and can identify the number of CD's installed in the system on Sparc and Intel Machines???? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathiraju_t
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris installation

i want to install solaris 10 in my server ... can u please guide me.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Installation of Solaris 10 1/13

Hi, I am doing a fresh installation of Solaris 10 1/13 on an IBM x3550 M3 server (x86). When I begin the installation it shows me failed to mount zfs, I was advised by oracle to ignore that. After the installation has finished and I reboot,I get a host of random errors after that it displays... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spirited67
1 Replies
nfs3_jukebox_delay(5)						File Formats Manual					     nfs3_jukebox_delay(5)

NAME
nfs3_jukebox_delay - control the length of time the NFS version 3 client waits before re-transmitting a request after receiving a NFS3ERR_JUKEBOX error VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Recommended values A warning will be issued at runtime if the tunable is set to a value less then 100 hundredths of a second or greater than 60000 hundredths of a second since this is outside the tested limits. This is not a serious warning but just an information message for the administrator. DESCRIPTION
controls the duration of time that the NFS version 3 client waits to transmit a new request after receiving the error from a previous request. The error, is generally returned from the server when the file is temporarily unavailable for some reason. These situations are generally associated with hierarchical storage and CD or tape jukeboxes. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? The distributed file system administrator should examine this value depending on the speed of the storage on the NFS file server. Restrictions on Changing The tunable is dynamic; tuning will take effect immediately on the running system. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? The value should be increased if there are long delays in making the file available. This will reduce network overhead due to repeated retransmissions. What Are the Side Effects of Raising the Value? Increasing the delay before retransmission will impact performance if the file unavailability is shorter than the increased delay. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? If the time the file is unavailable is small, then decreasing this value should not impact performance. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? If the time the file is unavailable is large, then there will be an increase in network overhead. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
kctune(1M), sam(1M), gettune(2), settune(2), values(5). Tunable Kernel Parameters nfs3_jukebox_delay(5)