Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can't setup gateway other than 127.0.0.1? Post 302315836 by jlliagre on Wednesday 13th of May 2009 10:31:07 AM
Old 05-13-2009
You can run this tool from windows on your machine:
BigAdmin HCL: Sun Device Detection Tool

It will tell you what drivers are available for your hardware and should tell you there is no internal Solaris support for your NIC but there is a third party driver (gani) available there
Free NIC drivers for Solaris

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rc=127 can't fork

I have a script to download a file using wget. It works if I execute it from the command line. But, if I run it in cron, it doesnt work and I am getting the following in the cron log: > CMD: /export/home/username/test > username 23159 c Tue Aug 1 14:40:00 2006 < username 23159 c Tue Aug ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

3. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

4. Solaris

multitude of packets from 127.0.0.1

I was checking routing table, and noticed that our server has a lot packets from localhost: Routing Table: IPv4 Destination Gateway Flags Ref Use Interface -------------------- -------------------- ----- ----- ------ --------- .. 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orange47
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wait - return code 127

Hi All, I am trying to create background processes and then check their status later. But I am getting return codes as 0,127 randomly On checking the return codes for wait, I found the below. Do I need to treat return code of 127 as successful as well?? as we know the process id passed is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
7 Replies

6. IP Networking

127.0.0.1 vs 0.0.0.0

Which one should I use in '/etc/hosts'? Please explain in details. Random quotes on the topic: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: useretail
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue setup Transparent proxy and Gateway using Squid on CentOS 7

Hello, We are migrating our gateways from CentOS 6 to CentOS 7 and for setting up a transparent proxy using squid and Firewalld i am using below configuration. #Firewalld configurations firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-forward-port=port=80:proto=tcp:toport=3128:toaddr=LAN_IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
4 Replies

8. Linux

Not able to setup CentOS 7 as gateway [Using squid proxy]

Hello, Did anyone setup a CentOS7 as a gateway (with squid transparent proxy). I am trying to do so but not able to setup. I setup squid , iptables (using it instead of firewalld) and all the necessary IPtables rules but nothing work. It work previously but access.log of squid not getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
suninstall(1M)                                            System Administration Commands                                            suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)