Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash one liner to CSH
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash one liner to CSH Post 302314181 by mike171562 on Thursday 7th of May 2009 02:52:16 PM
Old 05-07-2009
ahh, no i forgot to mention, I would have just switched to bash, but its not installed, and I cannot install it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

From bash to csh and zsh

... Am I glad to find this forum (and vBulletin too, nice!).. OK, here's my issue. I have been handballed a bash script, not pretty but functional. I need to change to csh and zsh. For the csh I have the basics (e.g., such as change if/fi to if/endif, quote the variables, and bracket commands).... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lev_lafayette
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

different shell csh bash

I'm always having to work in the cshell, but occasionally want to run a command using bash. is that possible? I know I could write a shell script and call bash at the begining with #!/usr/bin/bash and then my command, is there another way? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make your bash script run on a machine with csh and bash

hi, i have a script that runs on bash and would like to run it on a machine that has csh and bash. the default setting on that machine is csh. i dont want to change my code to run it with a csh shell. is there any way i can run the script (written in bash) on this machine? in other words is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable value inconsistency on BASH and CSH

May God never give you the bane of working on Solaris. Now, I am trying to run this simple shell script: #!/bin/sh input="a b c" data="123" while read eachline do data="$data$eachline" done << EOF $(echo "$input") EOF... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavanlimo
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running CSh scripts in Bash

Hi, I have some csh scripts and I want to run them in .bashrc. I use these techniques without any success: . test.csh or csh test.csh The first one assumed that the scripts is a bash script, so showed me errors. The second one finished without giving proper result. Can anybody offer... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Importing env from csh to bash

Hi All, In my account with csh shell, there are lots of env variables set and I want to import those all to bash in one stroke, is there any way to do it ? Thanks, D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deei
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to convert csh to bash

Hi, Can anyone give me a script to convert csh to bash? or any key points which can help me to do so as i am new to it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineet.dhingra
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Perl one liner in bash script not replacing hours and minutes [HH:MM]

Hi I want to replace time stamp in the following line PROCNAME.Merge.exchMon.CODE.T_QSTART 08:45 read assuming the new time stamp is 09:45 ; the line is getting replaced as below :45 read I'm trying to use the perl one liner in bash script perl -pi... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie87
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Awk/bash one liner replacement for a if condition

Hi. I wrote this small bash script, i want to compare second column from file1 with file2 if a pattern matches. Files are small and I am sure that pattern occurs only once. I think this can be rewritten into a awk one liner. Appreciate if someone could give me idea. Whole NR FNR confuse me :o ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
6 Replies
gst-complete-0.8(1)						   User Commands					       gst-complete-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-complete-0.8, gst-complete - perform bash completion for gst-launch command lines SYNOPSIS
complete -Cgst-complete-0.8 gst-launch gst-complete [--gst-list-mm] [--gst-mm=string] [--print] DESCRIPTION
gst-complete-0.8 enables bash to provide context-sensitive tab completion for gst-launch command lines. See gst-launch(1) for the syntax of gst-launch command lines. You must have a version of bash that supports programmable completion. Such versions of bash provide the complete built-in command. gst-complete is a wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X. For example, if both gst-complete-0.7 and gst- complete-0.8 are installed on your system, gst-complete runs gst-complete-0.8. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-complete-0.8 and gst-complete: --help Display detailed usage message. You can also use -? to specify this option. The following options are supported by gst-complete only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generating the Registry of Available Plugins by Running gst-compprep Run the following command in your .bash_profile or other appropriate place: example% complete -C gst-complete-0.8 gst-launch Example 2: Running the Wrapper Script and Displaying the Command Name example% gst-complete --print /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.8 FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.Executable for bash completion for gst-launch /usr/bin/gst-complete Wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-compprep(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-launch-ext(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst- typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3) NOTES
Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://gstreamer.net/. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-complete-0.8(1)