Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: selective masquerading
Special Forums IP Networking selective masquerading Post 302304464 by NESter on Monday 6th of April 2009 01:54:36 PM
Old 04-06-2009
new twist

Well, since I got it working a couple of new wrinkles have appeared.

First, I am getting the Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol messages after a bit, requiring me to kill pppd and bring the vpn back online to resume. I've seen plenty of posts out there about this, so I'll keep reading and hopefully find something there.

UPDATE: wow. I'm silly. i solved the REALLY confusing wrinkle. now I just have to figure out this protocol-reject death loop thing.

Last edited by NESter; 04-06-2009 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: update

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

IP Masquerading

Hello I am trying to setup a nework using IP Masquerading. I followed the instructions/ steps as follows: 1. Appropriated a multi-homed box 2. I have installed Redhat Linux 8.0 on it (base install) 3. INetwork settings eth0 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 eth1 a static IP my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail Masquerading

Hi, I'm trying to get my mails sent from the address user@domain instead of user@hostname.domain. Should be simple masquerading configuration in sendmail config files, but this is where I fall (newbie). The sendmail.cf is not recommended for editing. There should be some kind of .mc file that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shimpanzo
0 Replies

3. Linux

postfix configuration issues...specifically masquerading (lack of )

postfix configuration issues...specifically masquerading (lack of ) Mail sent to our intranet arrives correctly (me@domain.com). Mail sent to our intranet arrives correctly (me@domain.com). Anything going outside does not, so my tests get rejected (me@hostname.com) :( any assistance... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
5 Replies

4. SCO

Sendmail masquerading

I am having a problem with my sendmail configuration I have masquerading on but when I send a mail to multiple people it masquerades my email but not the others? see the sample below: From: name@vegena.net Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 9:42 AM To: name2@atksco1.vegena.net;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garycrow
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

howto start with gateway / router / masquerading

Hi there, I have only basic knowledge in Unix but I'm eager to learn. I have a new complex (for me) exercice and I have no idea how to start. I have a regular network on witch I'm trying to plug another network. Here is an image of the physical network.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
7 Replies

6. AIX

Mutt/Sendmail Masquerading Problem on AIX 5.3

We are running Unix AIX 5.3 and I have been asked to masquerade the sender name on our email processing. We have one domain name and many users: user1@domainname user2@domainname user3@domainname We use mutt/sendmail to do our email processing. I discovered that using genericstable within... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FHMARTINS
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mail as another user (username masquerading)

I have sendmail as the smtp server. I want that all mails sent from user1 actually appears to come from user2(also should be reflected in mail header). How can i accomplish the task by tweaking sendmail or are there any other means to do so? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

8. AIX

sendmail masquerading on AIX.

Hello all, I have a requirement wherein I need to change the "received from" address parameter for outgoing mails from an AIX server. I tried using the option to specify the "reply-to" address, still my relay server rejects the mails as the "received from" address still contains . I know,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with selective ls

Hi all :wall: Can anyone advise how do I use ls to do a selective amd sorted listing of file that I want to have as below? Am looking for files that are named as log_<nnnn>.txt, where <nnnn> are numeric, i.e. I want to have a listing sorted from the newest to the oldest of files that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

Sendmail - Masquerading multiple domains with different addresses

Hello Friends, I am running Sendmail 8.14 on rhel6. I have one simple question regarding domain masquerading, i would want to masquerade different domains with different addresses. By that what i mean is that lets say i have 3 domains as home.com, example.com, test.com and i would want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
0 Replies
INET(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   INET(4)

NAME
inet -- Internet protocol family SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <netinet/in.h> DESCRIPTION
The Internet protocol family is a collection of protocols layered atop the Internet Protocol (IP) transport layer, and utilizing the Internet address format. The Internet family provides protocol support for the SOCK_STREAM, SOCK_DGRAM, and SOCK_RAW socket types; the SOCK_RAW interface provides access to the IP protocol. ADDRESSING
Internet addresses are four byte quantities, stored in network standard format (on the VAX these are word and byte reversed). The include file <netinet/in.h> defines this address as a discriminated union. Sockets bound to the Internet protocol family utilize the following addressing structure, struct sockaddr_in { short sin_family; u_short sin_port; struct in_addr sin_addr; char sin_zero[8]; }; Sockets may be created with the local address INADDR_ANY to effect ``wildcard'' matching on incoming messages. The address in a connect(2), connectx(2) or sendto(2) call may be given as INADDR_ANY to mean ``this host''. The distinguished address INADDR_BROADCAST is allowed as a shorthand for the broadcast address on the primary network if the first network configured supports broadcast. PROTOCOLS
The Internet protocol family is comprised of the IP transport protocol, Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP), Transmission Control Proto- col (TCP), and User Datagram Protocol (UDP). TCP is used to support the SOCK_STREAM abstraction while UDP is used to support the SOCK_DGRAM abstraction. A raw interface to IP is available by creating an Internet socket of type SOCK_RAW. The ICMP message protocol is accessible from a raw socket. The 32-bit Internet address contains both network and host parts. It is frequency-encoded; the most-significant bit is clear in Class A addresses, in which the high-order 8 bits are the network number. Class B addresses use the high-order 16 bits as the network field, and Class C addresses have a 24-bit network part. Sites with a cluster of local networks and a connection to the Internet may chose to use a single network number for the cluster; this is done by using subnet addressing. The local (host) portion of the address is further subdi- vided into subnet and host parts. Within a subnet, each subnet appears to be an individual network; externally, the entire cluster appears to be a single, uniform network requiring only a single routing entry. Subnet addressing is enabled and examined by the following ioctl(2) commands on a datagram socket in the Internet domain; they have the same form as the SIOCIFADDR command (see intro(4)). SIOCSIFNETMASK Set interface network mask. The network mask defines the network part of the address; if it contains more of the address than the address type would indicate, then subnets are in use. SIOCGIFNETMASK Get interface network mask. SEE ALSO
ioctl(2), socket(2), icmp(4), intro(4), ip(4), tcp(4), udp(4) "An Introductory 4.3 BSD Interprocess Communication Tutorial", PS1, 7. "An Advanced 4.3 BSD Interprocess Communication Tutorial", PS1, 8. CAVEAT
The Internet protocol support is subject to change as the Internet protocols develop. Users should not depend on details of the current implementation, but rather the services exported. HISTORY
The inet protocol interface appeared in 4.2BSD. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution March 18, 2015 4.2 Berkeley Distribution