Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun 6800 - SC's- neither are contactable! Post 302303626 by sbk1972 on Friday 3rd of April 2009 06:18:13 AM
Old 04-03-2009
Sun 6800 - SC's- neither are contactable!

Hi all

In a bit of a pickle here and need some help.

I have a 6800, with 2 SC controllers. I have a terminal concentrator ( TC ) attached to the serial ports. I cant ping / telnet these sc controllers, and when on the TC, I cant connect into them either. I am able to telnet to other servers on the switch / network, so switch is working.

I have rebooted the TC, and looks find, but I cant contact the damn SC controllers, either of them.

I cant get to them via either of the configured domains, like I could on a server with a alom / lom, using scadm / rscadm.

So, help ?? Can I just pull the pull lead out, and reboot one ??

Suggests oh wise fellow SA's ?

SBK

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help: Sun Disk partitioning for Sun V240 & StorEdge 3300

Dear Sun gurus, I have Sun Fire V240 server with its StorEdge 3300 disk-array. Following are its disks appeared in format command. I have prepared its partitions thru format and metainit & metattach (may be i have made wrong steps, causing the errors below because I have done thru some document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafeeq
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sunfire 6800 / sol 8 / scadm

Good morning all Once again, I come seeking wisdom :-) I have a sunfire 6800 with two domains. Both Sc controllers are uncontactabe, probably due to network issues, but as the server is on a different site, Im a little stuck. So, am trying to use scadm, as I know I can view / configure... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

5. Solaris

d240 media tray is automatically restarting on sunfire 6800

d240 media tray(domain C) is which is connected to SUNFIRE 6800 (DOMAIN C),automatically restarting.remaining domains A and B are working fine..why i dont know..with out human intervention this domain is restarting automatically for 3 to 4 days in a day..plz solve this problem.why like this going... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Application running too slow on Sun SPARC T5440 but run normal on sun M3000

Hi all, I have application running on sun server T5440 4x8x1.4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, application running very slow though load average too low. when I install my application on another server SUN M3000 (One CPU 1x8x2.5GHz, 8GB RAM), application run smoothly. Here is my server T5440 info: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
6 Replies
JMIDE(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  JMIDE(4)

NAME
jmide -- JMicron Technology JMB36x PCIe to SATA II/PATA controller driver SYNOPSIS
jmide* at pci? dev ? function ? flags 0x0000 ahcisata* at jmide? DESCRIPTION
The jmide driver supports the JMicron Technology JMB36x IDE controllers. These PCI-e controllers exist in different flavors (1 or 2 PATA Ultra/133 ports and/or 1 or 2 SATA-II ports), and are highly flexible. The SATA ports can be attached to the integrated AHCI controller or attached to the PCI IDE channels in PATA emulation, in either single-drive emulation on each PCI IDE channels, or in master/slave emulation on one of the PCI IDE channels. When enabled, the AHCI controller can either be on the PCI function 0 or function 2. The PCI IDE controller can also be on either PCI func- tion, and can share the PCI function with AHCI. The jmide driver supports both the AHCI controller and PCI IDE controller in various config- urations. SEE ALSO
ahcisata(4), ata(4), atapi(4), intro(4), pci(4), pciide(4), wd(4), wdc(4) AUTHORS
The jmide driver was written by Manuel Bouyer. BSD
July 2, 2007 BSD