Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting getting mac from ip (or the contrary) Post 302296505 by chebarbudo on Wednesday 11th of March 2009 08:15:51 AM
Old 03-11-2009
getting mac from ip (or the contrary)

Hi there,
I need to find a way to check that a remote machine got the correct ip address. I have a dhcp server and need to run some commands after machine M acquired address A.
There are lots of reasons why machine M could have another address:
1) DHCP not reloaded
2) Machine M offline or powered off
3) Machine M has not renewed its ip address

Is there a way to do one of the following?
Code:
if [$(getmacfromip $ip) == $mac]; then ...
if [$(getipfrommac $mac) == $ip]; then ...

Can you help me lead me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance
Santiago

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. OS X (Apple)

Let's get a .mac top level domain! As in www.xyz.mac

ICANN, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, is inviting proposals for new sponsored top level domains. This may be wishful thinking, but isn't that a chance to push for a .mac top level domain (TLD)? I for one would VASTLY like the idea of having a domain of something.mac --... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
0 Replies
bt-audio(1)							    bluez-tools 						       bt-audio(1)

NAME
bt-audio - a bluetooth generic audio manager SYNOPSIS
bt-audio [OPTION...] Help Options: -h, --help Application Options: -a, --adapter=<name|mac> -c, --connect=<name|mac> -d, --disconnect=<name|mac> DESCRIPTION
This utility is used to manage outgoing audio service connections. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show help -a, --adapter <name|mac> Specify adapter to use by his Name or MAC address (if this option does not defined - default adapter used) -c, --connect <name|mac> Connect all supported audio profiles on the device -d, --disconnect <name|mac> Disconnect all audio profiles on the device AUTHOR
Alexander Orlenko <zxteam@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
bt-adapter(1) bt-agent(1) bt-device(1) bt-input(1) bt-monitor(1) bt-network(1) bt-serial(1) 2010-08-11 bt-audio(1)