Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: comparing values
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting comparing values Post 302295561 by rikxik on Sunday 8th of March 2009 11:25:59 PM
Old 03-09-2009
Your description is unclear to me. Provide example of what you need.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing two float values

I am trying to compare 2 float values using if the foll code does not work a=1.4 b=1.6 if test $a -gt $b then echo "$a is max" else echo "$b is max" fi does -gt work for floating point numbers, if not how do go about for my requirement? can i use bc ? pls help thanks in advance... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavitha
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing two decimal values in KSH

Hi Gurus, I wrote a small KSH script, in that i am comparing two variables like this curr_time = date +%h.%m set_time=23.55 If ]; then zip the file fi The above script is croned to run evey 5(3,8,.......,58) minutes, but it is zipping at 23.03 hours. My intention is at 23.58 .what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandinisagar
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing the null values in the unix

hi all, iam new to this forum.i have to submit the script EOD.so please help me. my requirement is to compare two null values..iam trying to compare two null values :One null value output of the storedprocedure and another iam giving spaces in script. it is giving the error... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbc17484
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing values of same variable

Hello all while writing a small script , i got stuck with this simple thing.Hope you guyz can help. Iam trying to read password echo"enter password" read $pwd now i have to check this echo"enter password to proceed" read $pwd now i have to check both the values of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing values in column 1

Hi to all, I have the following text within inputfile data1,value1,value2 data1,value3,value2 data1,value5,value6 data2,value1,value2 data2,value3,value4 data3,value1,value2 data3,value3,value4 data4,value1,value2 data4,value3,value4 data4,value5,value6 I would like to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing list values in Perl

Hi, I have tab separated list: KB0005 1019 T IFVATVPVI 0.691 PKC YES KB0005 1036 T YFLQTSQQL 0.785 PKC YES KB0005 1037 S FLQTSQQLK 0.585 DNAPK YES KB0005 508 S ENIISGVSY 0.507 cdc2 YES KB0005 511 S ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karla
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing two files and dividing the values

Hi all, I am new to unix and I am trying hard to get this requirement, but no luck. I am trying to compare two cloumns in two files and if it matches, the last column in file1 must be divided by file2 and the output must be written in a new file. To elaborate the 2nd column in file1 (EUR) must be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smadderla
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie help needed for comparing values

Being linux administrator my task is to keep the machines up and running .Everyday i get a report of list of machines that are up and running. it would be nice if i get list of machines that are shutdown in comparison to yesterdays report. for example.If there are 5 machines in my environment... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing the values of two files

Hi Am trying to compare the values of two files.. One is a big file that has many values and the other is a small file.. The big file has all values present in small file.. # cat SmallFile 4456602 22347881 7471282 15859891 8257690 21954701 7078068 18219229 2883826 6094959 100000 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting and comparing values

I was trying to extract value of g1 and p1 only inside the tags where t1 is "Reading C (bytes)" and comparing them to make sure p1 is always less than g1. Here is the Json file I'm using - File:- { "g1" : 1482568, "n1" : "v_4", "p1" : 0, "s1" : "RC", "t1" : "LM", } { "g1" :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
3 Replies
PMK(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    PMK(1)

NAME
pmk -- configuring tool SYNOPSIS
pmk [-hlv] [-b path] [-d switch_disable_list] [-e switch_enable_list] [-f file] [-o file] [options] DESCRIPTION
pmk is a configuring tool which aims to help building project on different operating systems. The options are as follows: -b path Use given path as basedir. -d switch_disable_list Provide a list of switches to disable. -e switch_enable_list Provide a list of switches to enable. -f file Use an alternate file instead of pmkfile(5). -h Display usage. -l Enable check build log. -o file Override pmk.conf data with the content of the given file. -v Display the version number. FILES
pmkfile pmk(1) specification file. /etc/pmk/pmk.conf default pmk(1) configuration file EXAMPLES
To display pmk version number: $ pmk -v To use src as the basedir and disable two switches: $ pmk -b src -d use_gtk,use_qt To specify an alternate pmkfile(5), enabling one switch and overriding /etc/pmk/pmk.conf with the content of a given file ( pmk/pmkovr in this case): $ pmk -f pmk/pmkfile -e use_curses -o pmk/pmkovr SEE ALSO
make(1), pmkscan(1), pmkfile(5), pmk.conf(5), pmksetup(8) HISTORY
The idea to replace configure script was existing since a long time. But the projet was initiated in the begining of March 2003. AUTHOR
Damien Couderc. BUGS
You have to find them. BSD
March 28, 2003 BSD