Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed replacing words with abbreviations Post 302293512 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 3rd of March 2009 07:41:34 AM
Old 03-03-2009
Take a read: UUOC

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Replacing words in a file

I'm trying to write a program that will open an existing file supplied by the command line argument and then replace words with "We" or "we" by "I" and "a" or "A" by "The". When I run the program it reads the file, changes the word but re writes it on a new line with only the replaced words not the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adam85
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed [delete everything between two words]

Hi, I have the following codes below that aims to delete every words between two pattern word. Say I have the files To delete every word between WISH_LIST=" and " I used the below codes (but its not working): #!/bin/sh sed ' /WISH_LIST=\"/ { N /\n.*\"/ {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orbix
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing words in a fast way

Hi, I have a file that looks like this: br0 br0 br1 br10 br11 br12 br13 br14 br15 br15 br2 br2 br3 br4 br5 br6 br7 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing words

Hi, I have am using a file that contains names that I want to replace. Basically file 1 looks like this jack joe james john I have another file (file 2) that looks like this jack 2345 joe 6848 james 3342 john 3432 Basically I want to replace column1 from file1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed append words

Hi all, I have a file like one two three for five six seven eight ..... Actually i need to append a label to the words that belong to the 2 column and get: one two_label three for five six_label seven eight .... I was trying with sed inside vim but I can't figure out... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - delete words between two possible words

Hi all, I want to make an script using sed that removes everything between 'begin' (including the line that has it) and 'end1' or 'end2', not removing this line. Let me paste an 2 examples: anything before any string begin few lines of content end1 anything after anything before any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meuser
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed inside sed for replacing string

My need is : Want to change docBase="/something/something/something" to docBase="/only/this/path/for/all/files" I have some (about 250 files)xml files. In FileOne it contains <Context path="/PPP" displayName="PPP" docBase="/home/me/documents" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing words in file

Hello All Probably this is very simple for you but I cant figure it out I have to replace "No Header" with "Output Field Names" I/P file <ATTRIBUTE NAME ="Header Options" VALUE ="No Header"/> O/P needed <ATTRIBUTE NAME ="Header Options" VALUE = "Output Field Names"> (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing word and Capitalize words after

I have an assignment and I am not sure what to do. In Unix, I use PuTTY change the semicolon (;) to a period, and capitalize the first letter of the word immediately after it. I know change command is M-% and "." so only one semicolon is changed but I am not sure how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kathrut43
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed parser behaving strange on replacing multiple words in multiple files

I have 4000 files like $cat clus_grp_seq10_g.phy 18 1002 anig_OJJ65951_1 ATGGTTTCGCAGCGTGATAGAGAATTGTTTAGGGATGATATTCGCTCGCGAGGAACGAAGCTCAATGCTGCCGAGCGCGAGAGTCTGCTAAGGCCATATCTGCCAGATCCGTCTGACCTTCCACGCAGGCCACTTCAGCGGCGCAAGAAGGTTCCTCG aver_OOF92921_1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sammy777888
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)