Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Options to administer SUDO on 300+ servers... Post 302293066 by Gibby13 on Monday 2nd of March 2009 09:13:45 AM
Old 03-02-2009
Options to administer SUDO on 300+ servers...

I am supporting a little over 300+ servers, mostly Solaris with a handful of AIX and HPUX. Currently each box has its own sudoers file that is different. I have ran a script and captured each sudoers file. Our goal is to have 1 common sudo file on a trusted host and then only have to edit that file and then run a script to scp it to the other servers. Rsync is not an option. First I having trouble find a text file migration tool, anyone know of any good ones? 2nd is there a better way to do this that is not to involving as we are implementing Centrify in about 6-9 months?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remotely administer/validate UNIX server via Windows machine?

Hi there--I think this is more of a Windows question, but I think many of you might be able to help me out: I have a UNIX web server and a Windows machine. I'm trying to script the following tasks so that they can be run from the Windows machine (via a batch file): 1. Shutdown web services... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sohungry73
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

how to administer remote server

i want to adduser change IP,any admin account. how can i do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Boot Options on HP PA-RISC and Itanium Servers

I've never really explored the options available in the boot firmware on our servers. Outside of needing to change boot device paths a few times for various reasons, I'm wondering what the implications are of turning off FASTBOOT. According to the man page for 'setboot', it seems that when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deckard
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Installing SWAT to administer Samba

Hi, I have installed RHEL 5.2 for a specific reason. Anyway I would really like to use SWAT to administer Samba. Samba is currently installed and working almost successfully however SWAT would make life a bit easier. I have tried rpm -ivh samba-swat but it can't find the file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drag0n
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies
BASENAME(3)								 1							       BASENAME(3)

basename - Returns trailing name component of path

SYNOPSIS
string basename (string $path, [string $suffix]) DESCRIPTION
Given a string containing the path to a file or directory, this function will return the trailing name component. PARAMETERS
o $path - A path. On Windows, both slash ( /) and backslash ( ) are used as directory separator character. In other environments, it is the forward slash ( /). o $suffix - If the name component ends in $suffix this will also be cut off. RETURN VALUES
Returns the base name of the given $path. EXAMPLES
Example #1 basename(3) example <?php echo "1) ".basename("/etc/sudoers.d", ".d").PHP_EOL; echo "2) ".basename("/etc/sudoers.d").PHP_EOL; echo "3) ".basename("/etc/passwd").PHP_EOL; echo "4) ".basename("/etc/").PHP_EOL; echo "5) ".basename(".").PHP_EOL; echo "6) ".basename("/"); ?> The above example will output: 1) sudoers 2) sudoers.d 3) passwd 4) etc 5) . 6) NOTES
Note basename(3) operates naively on the input string, and is not aware of the actual filesystem, or path components such as " ..". Note basename(3) is locale aware, so for it to see the correct basename with multibyte character paths, the matching locale must be set using the setlocale(3) function. SEE ALSO
dirname(3), pathinfo(3). PHP Documentation Group BASENAME(3)