Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem Accessing disk
Operating Systems Solaris Problem Accessing disk Post 302291950 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 26th of February 2009 03:48:19 PM
Old 02-26-2009
try "fdisk /dev/rdsk/c4d0p0"

also run "devfasadm -Cv" and "devfsadm -v" to clear unused device entries on your system.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Multi Hard Disk & theme

Hie, Im having 2 Questions. Please help. - Do Anyone know how to accessanother HDD using Linux? Ive tried many ways before but unable to do so. Im using 2 HDD, The main Hdd/Partition where my unix is are using Seagate HDD 20GB , another HDD is using Maxtor 20GB. From my seagate Hdd where my... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
8 Replies

2. IP Networking

Problem accessing network using Linux

Ok, here at work, we have Windows computers which login into a MS domain server. Some of us also have Linux boxes which get a ip address from the dhcp server. We can see other boxes and see the internet until about 1 week ago. Now, we still get a ip address but can't see anything within our... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natter
3 Replies

3. Programming

Problem accessing struct member

I have a struct as follows... struct A { int a; ucontext_t X; //ucontext_t is another structure } How do I define a pointer to the above structure variable X of the type ucontext_t from within another function? eg. void foo() { struct A a; /////WHAT COMES IN... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacques83
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem accessing csh ?? (Newbie)

Hi All, Just recently started using a program in Unix for a client. I was sent a script to use but for some reason it's not working. The person who created the script first suggested I may need to edit the first line of the script so that it has the correct path for the csh file: #!/bin/csh -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmalt
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem with accessing SAN disks

Hi, I'm having a problem when attempting to define the OCR location for my 10g RAC setup on Solaris 10. I get the following error: The specified shared raw partition /dev/did/rdsk/d1s0 may not have the correct permission. Verify that the partition is owned by Oracle user. As per the Oracle10g... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael.chow
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in accessing variables outside shell

Hi, I have a shell script wherein i am doing some file operations and storing the data in some variables. I am exporting these variables as i need to use them outside shell. Then within the shell i am launching GDB session hoping that i will be able to access the exported variables in the GDB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsantosh
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Accessing a StorageTek 2530 Disk array from SUN, SPARC Enterprise T2000

Hello, Wondering if anyone can help me with mounting a file share from my Sun T2000 server running Solaris 10 to my connected 2530 disk array? I believe I've connected the disk array correctly and I have created a volume on the array using the filesystem (Sun_SAM-FS, RAID-5). The T2000... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: DundeeDancer
15 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Problem with accessing my 2nd hard drive

Hello I am having a problem with being able to use my 2nd hard drive as my new os doesn't recognize it. it is /dev/hdb2 and it shows as It is still in my system. it is a 73 gb hard drive and it is useless to me now. I used to have windows XP and had no problem with it,I have since changed to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donald Spauldin
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem accessing array elements

Hi all, I can’t resolve an array element access issue on (Linux/pdksh) .. So I’m positing for advice.By the way - a friend demonstrated to me - same script works as expected under Solaris. I have been working on a documentation project where many *.jpg screen shots are used in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: njdpo
4 Replies

10. IP Networking

Problem accessing my domain from some computers

I hope I'm posting this in the right forum... Hi, I'm a newbie trying to set up my own home web server. I have an old laptop where I have a LAMP set up. Virgin Media won't give me a static IP so I am using dyndns, my IP hasn't changed for months anyway... So the problem is this... The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Percyval
5 Replies
NTFSFIX(8)						      System Manager's Manual							NTFSFIX(8)

NAME
ntfsfix - fix common errors and force Windows to check NTFS SYNOPSIS
ntfsfix [options] device DESCRIPTION
ntfsfix is a utility that fixes some common NTFS problems. ntfsfix is NOT a Linux version of chkdsk. It only repairs some fundamental NTFS inconsistencies, resets the NTFS journal file and schedules an NTFS consistency check for the first boot into Windows. You may run ntfsfix on an NTFS volume if you think it was damaged by Windows or some other way and it cannot be mounted. OPTIONS
Below is a summary of all the options that ntfsfix accepts. Nearly all options have two equivalent names. The short name is preceded by - and the long name is preceded by --. Any single letter options, that don't take an argument, can be combined into a single command, e.g. -fv is equivalent to -f -v. Long named options can be abbreviated to any unique prefix of their name. -b, --clear-bad-sectors Clear the list of bad sectors. This is useful after cloning an old disk with bad sectors to a new disk. -h, --help Show a list of options with a brief description of each one. -n, --do-nothing Do not write anything, just show what would have been done. -V, --version Show the version number, copyright and license BUGS
There are no known problems with ntfsfix. If you find a bug please send an email describing the problem to the development team: ntfs-3g-devel@lists.sf.net AUTHORS
ntfsfix was written by Anton Altaparmakov, with contributions from Szabolcs Szakacsits. It was ported to ntfs-3g by Erik Larsson and Jean- Pierre Andre. AVAILABILITY
ntfsfix is part of the ntfs-3g package and is available from: http://www.tuxera.com/community/ SEE ALSO
mkntfs(8), ntfsprogs(8) ntfs-3g 2011.4.12AR.4 January 2006 NTFSFIX(8)