Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to link lsof and find cmd? Post 302287948 by Arunprasad on Monday 16th of February 2009 04:44:10 AM
Old 02-16-2009
Java How to link lsof and find cmd?

Hi All,

My target is to find the biggest files opened by any process and from that i have to find process id and the corresponding file also to avoid file system being hung-up.
Finding the process id: is to kill the process
Finding the biggest file: is to remove the file

To get the process id which is accessing the biggest file in the given file system, i am using the below command.

lsof -s /home/arun/my_work | awk '{print $7,$2}'| sort -n | tail -1 | awk '{print $2}'

Now i have to get the file name with complete path.
How can i achieve this? [with find command or whatever]
Please help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find cmd not working as expected

Hi, i wan to search the file starting with Admin into the directory Output. I am running below command: find /appl/Output -name "Admin*" -prune but this command is going into the sub directories present under output. I do not want to search under sub directories. Any help will be highly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal123
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Find cmd working in Linux and not in SunSolaris 5.8

find . -type f -mtime -1 -ls command not working in sun solaris 5.8 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjotbaweja
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using find cmd to find certain files

i have a list of files below: rwxrwxrwx 1 pipe pipe 180 Mar 4 22:47 del_0n_Date -rwxrwxrwx 1 pipe pipe 472 Mar 4 22:58 mail_Check -rw-r--r-- 1 pipe pipe 92 Mar 4 22:58 minfo.txt -rwxrwxrwx 1 pipe pipe 609 Mar 5 05:12... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find cmd not working correctly in script

I am trying to copy 2 types of files so I can archive them. I tested with a set of commands: touch -t $(date -d "-60 day" +%Y%m%d) WORKDIR/REF find TARGETDIR/ -type f -maxdepth 1 -iname \*.out\* -or -iname \*.log\* ! -newer WORKDIR/REF -exec ls -l {} \; This correctly lists any files in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prismtx
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

date with find cmd

Hi for today i have 10 files, in that i need search some values how can i write a find cmd with perticular date thanks SAIC (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saic
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and lsof

Hi All, My target is to find the biggest files opened by any process and from that i have to find process id and the corresponding file also. To get the process id which is accessing the biggest file in the given file system, i am using the below command. lsof -s /home/arun/my_work |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lsof and have to find file, pid

Hi All, My target is to find the biggest files opened by any process and from that i have to find process id and the corresponding file also. To get the process id which is accessing the biggest file in the given file system, i am using the below command. pid=`lsof -s /home/arun/my_work |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested find cmd

Hi gurus, greetings. Objective: find in a path directories that are named Logs. In each found Logs dir search for files with .log extension and remove -atime +6. (Note for test/example, rm and -atime is not used). Issue: If I execute the script without redirecting output to a file, on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with the find cmd

Hello, I'm having a trouble with the find cmd. I would like to find all the java versions on my systems. I have solaris 9 & 10 RHEL and SUSIE. java -version doesn't give all the versions on the server. So I am trying to use the find command to find them all find / -name java I would... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find cmd and sym links

Hi. Can somebody tell me if there's a way of creating a symbolic link from a directory on one filesystem to that on another that will allow a find command that doesn't use the -L param to locate a particular file under that new 'linked' dir. With a normal sym link the find command on that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: user052009
6 Replies
PROC_TERMINATE(3)							 1							 PROC_TERMINATE(3)

proc_terminate - Kills a process opened by proc_open

SYNOPSIS
bool proc_terminate (resource $process, [int $signal = 15]) DESCRIPTION
Signals a $process (created using proc_open(3)) that it should terminate. proc_terminate(3) returns immediately and does not wait for the process to terminate. proc_terminate(3) allows you terminate the process and continue with other tasks. You may poll the process (to see if it has stopped yet) by using the proc_get_status(3) function. PARAMETERS
o $process - The proc_open(3) resource that will be closed. o $signal - This optional parameter is only useful on POSIX operating systems; you may specify a signal to send to the process using the kill(2) system call. The default is SIGTERM. RETURN VALUES
Returns the termination status of the process that was run. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.2.2 | | | | | | | Previous versions used to destroy the given | | | process $resource. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
proc_open(3), proc_close(3), proc_get_status(3). PHP Documentation Group PROC_TERMINATE(3)