Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Program to find palindrome from a file Post 302286487 by Perderabo on Wednesday 11th of February 2009 09:24:06 AM
Old 02-11-2009
Try:
eval str=\$$i

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for a palindrome

how do i check whether an input string is a palindrome or not ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: doubtful
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Palindrome

Hi, Is there a way to check a word for a palindrome in Unix? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guelpth
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program to find CPU,memory and I/O utilization

Can anyone please help me regarding this .sh script: The shell script should monitor CPU,memory and I/O utilization continuously after a defined time interval and should write it in an output file like excell. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Subhayan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find function name in a program file

Hello All, Is there any way to find a function name in a program file using perl. for example, there is a file called Test.C in that . . void function1(..) { <some code> } int function2(..) { . . sam() /*RA abc100*/ ... .. .. xyz()/*RA abc201*/ .. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parthiban
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please can you help me find a solution in this program in unix ?

Write shell script to read 3 numbers and print them in revers and print wither they are polyndrome numbers or not ????? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelorn_mn
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the directory in which a program is running

Hi, I'm wondering if this is possible. I run several FORTRAN programs in different directories that have the same name (say program_X). I use the command 'top' to find the programs running and the time taken. I'm wondering if it's possible to the directory in which these programs are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the matched numbers between 2 text file using perl program??

hi dudes, I nee you kind assistance, I have to find the matched numbers from 2 text files and output of matched numbers should be in another text file.. I do have text files like this , for example File 1 787 665*5-p 5454 545-p 445-p 5454*-p File 2 5455 787 445-p 4356 2445 144 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshraj
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program for find one entry and put in different file

Hi I have a file name1 xxxxx name1 xxxxx name1 yyyyy name 1 zzzzz name1 Uniprot Id 1234 name2 sssss name2 eeeee name2 bengamine name2 Uniprot Id 3456 ......................and so on I have to capture Uniprot IDs only in a separate file so that output contain only ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
20 Replies

9. AIX

how to find which program that update a specific file

Hello Would you tell me how to find which program that update a specific file? I am implementing migration project. My machines OS are AIX. It is because lack of documentation, some program cannot working properly on new machine. We found the root cause of this problem is that some data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstsang
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Where can I find the program that runs the -wc command?

Hey guys, I was wondering. When I enter a command in the terminal -wcl for a word count, where is that program located in the kernel? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
7 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)