Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cannot mount cdrom with SAM
Operating Systems HP-UX cannot mount cdrom with SAM Post 302281285 by rbglo on Wednesday 28th of January 2009 01:25:24 PM
Old 01-28-2009
cannot mount cdrom with SAM

Hi there,
I am building an HP UX 11 server (first time) and I'm trying to mount the CDROM with SAM. What am I supposed to enter in the "mount directory" box?
Also, I can't ftp to the server due to a logon failure. I used root id and password. I deleted the file in the /etc/ftpd directory but still no luck.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount cdrom

hi when i want to mount my cdrom i got this error cd9660: /dev/acd0c: Invalid argument this is how my /etc/fstab looks like: #device mntpoint FStype Options Dump pass /dev/ad0s1b none swap sw 0 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stormpie
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount cdrom

I have an external cdrom drive, which am tring to mount. I issued the following mkdir cdrom to create a mount point then mount -F cdfs /dev/dsk/c0t4d0s7 /cdrom but this is unsuccessful instead received an error message mount point not found can you help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount cdrom

Info: Alpha Server ES40, True64 Unix 4.0F Symptom: root#file /dev/rrz*c root#. . /dev/rrz24c: character special (8/49154) EIDE #3 CDR-8435 disk #192 (scsi ID #0) (SCSI LUN #0) offline root#mount -r /dev/rz24c /mnt root#/dev/rz24c on /mnt: I/O error pls help me, i don't know if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote mount of a cdrom

I am trying to remote mount a cdrom (Sun Ultra 10 running release 7) on another system. I followed the following procedure offered by a friend: To allow a drive to be mounted, edit /etc/dfs/dfstab file to include the following line: share -F nfs -o ro /usr/man On computer with drive... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leond
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CDROM Doesn't Auto Mount - Solaris 9

On Sun Fire V240, cdrom doesn't automount. I can manually mount the cdrom, however it pretty annoying. I have checked the vold demon and its seems to be running. Here is the output from /etc/inetd.conf pg inetd.conf daytime stream tcp6 nowait root internal daytime dgram udp6 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mshafi
2 Replies

6. AIX

mount directory as cdrom

Hi guy's, my first post here on the forum :p I did a quick search here, but did not find a direct hit, so decided to post my question. I'm taking my first steps into AIX, and right now I'm trying to install some software that I've downloaded as a zip file, and have this extracted into a mounted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psyduck
1 Replies

7. SCO

cdrom will not mount

I am trying to mount my a cd in my SCO 5.0.7 box and keep getting this: Alessandra! -->#mount -r /dev/cd0 /mnt mount: cannot stat '/dev/cd0' Alessandra! -->hwconfig name=kernel vec=- dma=- rel=3.2v5.0.7 kid=2003-02-18 name=cpu vec=- dma=- unit=1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't mount cdrom

Hi there I am trying to mount a cdrom using: mount /cdrom and I get the error: mount: mount point cannot be determined If I try the command mount cdrom /cdrom nfs mount: nfs file system; use path I tried running mountall and mountall -F NFS but to no avail (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niamh
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CDROM does not mount

Hi people, I am a new user of Unix, I want to ask a basic question. I have a solaris 10 system. I want to use the cd-rom but I can't see what's inside in the cd. I put the cd and then ; root@hubatusvr # mount /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s2 /cdrom mount: /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s2 is already mounted or /cdrom is busy... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hubatuwang
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to mount CDROM

Hi I have created a RHEL6 machine that is hosted on VMWare player that in turn runs off my Windows 7 PC. When I try and mount the CDROM on the RHEL6 box I get the following output: $ mount /dev/cdrom/media mount: can't find /dev/cdrom/media in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab $ Here is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: accipiter1
3 Replies
MOUNT_AFP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      MOUNT_AFP(8)

NAME
mount_afp -- mount an afp (AppleShare) filesystem SYNOPSIS
mount_afp [-i] [-s] [-k] [-o options] afp_url node DESCRIPTION
The mount_afp command mounts the AFP volume denoted by the afp_url afp://[user[;AUTH=uamname][:password]@]host[:port]/volumename at the mount point indicated by node. This command is normally executed by mount(8) when the -t afp option is used. If the -i option is not used, all the required information to establish a login to the remote server must be available in the afp URL, including username & password if needed. The arguments and options are: -i Interactive mode, you are prompted for the password if you did not supply one in the url. -s Soft mount (default). Network errors, e.g. timeouts, will be retried for a much shorter amount of time. If the network errors per- sist, then the mount will be force unmounted. -k Hard mount. Network errors, e.g. timeouts, will be retried for an extended amount of time. If the network errors persist, then the mount will be force unmounted. -o Options passed to mount(2) are specified with the -o option followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. Additional options supported by the AFP Client are as follows: nobrowse Indicate to the Carbon subsystem that this volume is not to be displayed to the user. automounted Set flags on the mountpoint to indicate that the volume has been mounted by the automounter. afp_url There are two forms of afp URL, one for TCP/IP and one for AppleTalk: afp://[user[;AUTH=uamname][:password]@]host[:port]/volume afp:/at/[user[;AUTH=uamname][:password]@]servername[:zonename]/volume Denotes the afp server and sharepoint to mount. It may also contain the username & password required to log into the server. uamname is the protocol name of the authentication method. If port is not specified, then port 548 is used. node Path to mount point, which must be a directory that the user has write permissions for. EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates how to mount the afp volume server.company.com/volumename/ at the mount point /Volumes/mntpnt: mkdir /Volumes/mntpnt mount_afp afp://username:userpass@server.company.com/volumename/ /Volumes/mntpnt This example shows the proper url to use to mount the volume guestVolume from the afp server myserver as guest (if no uam and no username, then use guest uam): mkdir /Volumes/guest mount_afp "afp://myserver/guestVolume" /Volumes/guest This example shows the proper url to use to mount the volume myVolume from the afp server myserver using Kerberos authentication: mkdir /Volumes/myVolume mount_afp "afp://;AUTH=Client%20Krb%20v2@myserver/myVolume" /Volumes/myVolume SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), mount(8) HISTORY
The mount_afp command first appeared Mac OS X version 10.0. Kerberos authentication was added in Mac OS X version 10.2 RETURN VALUES
0 mount_afp successfully mounted the volume directory. [ENODEV (19)] The server volume could not be mounted by mount_afp because the server was not found or because the sharepoint does not exist, or because node does not have proper access. [EACCES (13)] The volume could not be mounted by mount_afp because the user did not provide proper authentication credentials. [ENOTDIR (20)] The volume could not be mounted by mount_afp because the mountpoint was not a directory. Mac OS X May 8, 2002 Mac OS X