Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? If possible, would you consider buying OS X for a non Mac computer? Post 302275028 by tlarkin on Friday 9th of January 2009 02:14:49 AM
Old 01-09-2009
If possible, would you consider buying OS X for a non Mac computer?

Title says it all. I am doing a little research for a blog I want to write up on my website about different OS platforms. One thing that I am trying to figure out, is that would it appeal to people to load OS X on their PC, and would they be willing to pay for it?

If so, would you even consider buying Mac hardware, or only run it if they allowed you to buy it and install it on your PC?

What are your thoughts and concerns if this were possible?

This is completely hypothetical and while there are projects out there like OS X x86 I am talking about official pay for software from Apple.

So the standard price for OS X is like $99 to $129 depending on if you can get the upgrade, or $199 for a 5 install license (they call it the family pack), would you be willing to buy it and try it on your PC?

Thoughts and concerns?

Thanks in advance for discussing this.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent help with web design problems - mac, safari and unix computer

Hi (Help, Help, Help) I am on a computer course and have designed a web site as one of my assignments. just before Xmas my college tutor "very kindly" viewed my site with a mac, safari browser and unix operating system computer. This is what she Emailed back to me, and I am trying to sort... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skylark167
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

My code worked on a Mac, now it does not work in another computer

I guess Mac has default bash. Then I copy my code to another comp and run it...And it gives me an error like "bad substitution".... How I can change my code??? Never had before this kind of situation. Help please. if then n=$(sort /Users/Natalie/lastserial | tail -1) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Natalie
6 Replies
bt-serial(1)							    bluez-tools 						      bt-serial(1)

NAME
bt-serial - a bluetooth serial manager SYNOPSIS
bt-serial [OPTION...] Help Options: -h, --help Application Options: -a, --adapter=<name|mac> -c, --connect <name|mac> <pattern> -d, --disconnect <name|mac> <tty_device> DESCRIPTION
This utility is used to manage serial service connections. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show help -a, --adapter <name|mac> Specify adapter to use by his Name or MAC address (if this option does not defined - default adapter used) -c, --connect <name|mac> <pattern> Connects to a specific RFCOMM based service on a remote device and then creates a RFCOMM TTY device for it; `pattern` is a profile short name (spp, dun), RFCOMM channel (1-30) -d, --disconnect <name|mac> <tty_device> Disconnect a RFCOMM TTY device that has been created AUTHOR
Alexander Orlenko <zxteam@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
bt-adapter(1) bt-agent(1) bt-audio(1) bt-device(1) bt-input(1) bt-monitor(1) bt-network(1) 2010-08-12 bt-serial(1)