Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Should my new netbook have linux or XP? Post 302265882 by Perderabo on Monday 8th of December 2008 04:54:11 PM
Old 12-08-2008
Could you tell us what hardware you actually are considering? Most things that are called "netbook" seem to have a wimpy GPU and I would not expect them to do a good job viewing movies regardless of OS.

Is XP still an option? I thought that Microsoft pulled the plug on XP and now pushes Vista.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Problem With Internet Under Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex Netbook Remix

Hello, I have an Eee PC 904D that i use for development, because it's tiny and little, but i have a PC too. But in my Eee PC that i have Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex with the Netbook Remix, when i want to use the ethernet cable for thhe internet i connect it and tryes to connect, but in aproximatly 10... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathanpc
7 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Intel Offers Developer Kit For Future Atom Processor Netbook Apps

Just wanted to let you know that Intel's published the beta SDK for the Intel Atom Developer Program. That means you can now submit your Windows or Moblin apps for netbooks so you're ready to make money when the OEM stores go live next year. There are some big prizes (holiday, car) on offer for the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Becky_Moblin
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install linux on a netbook with no cd-rom?

I just posted but thought it would be more interesting to try to figure out how to install a linux distro on a comp with no cd-rom i know about virtual drives and all that but to get a program free via download or torrent how and do you need a virtual drive and a virtual burner to mount the ISO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BizilStank
1 Replies
UUID_COMPARE(3) 						    Libuuid API 						   UUID_COMPARE(3)

NAME
uuid_compare - compare whether two UUIDs are the same SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid.h> int uuid_compare(uuid_t uu1, uuid_t uu2) DESCRIPTION
The uuid_compare function compares the two supplied uuid variables uu1 and uu2 to each other. RETURN VALUE
Returns an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero if uu1 is found, respectively, to be lexicographically less than, equal, or greater than uu2. AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuid_clear(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID_COMPARE(3)