Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Locking a script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Locking a script Post 302259087 by bsddaemon on Monday 17th of November 2008 08:04:43 AM
Old 11-17-2008
Have a look at openssl and gnupg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

System Locking Up

I have a server that is locking up pretty frequently for serveral months. I have about 4 dumb terminals running off this server and it appears that when the system is about to lock up it starts to run really slow on one of the terminals and then the rest follow suit until it just craps out. We... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcrawfo4
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Locking

Hi, Does anyone know what happens when two processes are simultaneously trying to write to a single file in UNIX (AIX)? Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penfold
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

locking problem

Hi... after unlock my computer from lock, all telnet windows which i opened previously are closing automaticaly... i hope u understand....plz give solution... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatramana
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Locking in Unix?

Hi all! I want to know about Mapping Filesystems to Multiprocessor Systems.( lock ...) and Traditional UNIX Locking Primitives. Can you help me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nguoidoius
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file locking

how do i implement file locking in unix? example if i want to update a file, i would like to use file locking. how do i implement it? i am using shell script thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yang
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to do file locking?

how to ensure all files are being locked while updateing some files? example when i want to update the password and shadow file in unix. how do i implement file locking?? please advice thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yang
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

locking mechanism

I have a shell script. How can use some kind of locking mechanism to ensure that the script is not being executed by two people at the same time? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File locking

i am working on a device runnin on linux....i have configured the samba server in the device such that my windows PC can access a shared folder in the device. Also in the device i am runnin some programs which access the files in this shared folder. What i want to know is whether there is any way i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhinx
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Locking Down SFTP

Hi List, I'm sure this has been done before and there must be several ways to skin the cat on this topic. What I am trying to achieve is set up user accounts for use with SFTP based on the standard OpenSSH protocol. And I want to be able to lock them down so that they cannot browse outside of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Which process/script is locking account ?

There is a account - ohsuser on Solaris-10 zone. It is getting locked every 2-3 minutes. Can I know, what is process or script, which is using this account and locking it ? root@tswsd23-prdt01:/root# cat /var/adm/messages | tail -10 Sep 24 11:05:53 tswsd23-prdt01 nmo: Excessive (3) login... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies
WATCHGNUPG(1)							 GNU Privacy Guard						     WATCHGNUPG(1)

NAME
watchgnupg - Read and print logs from a socket SYNOPSIS
watchgnupg [--force] [--verbose] socketname DESCRIPTION
Most of the main utilities are able to write their log files to a Unix Domain socket if configured that way. watchgnupg is a simple lis- tener for such a socket. It ameliorates the output with a time stamp and makes sure that long lines are not interspersed with log output from other utilities. This tool is not available for Windows. watchgnupg is commonly invoked as watchgnupg --force ~/.gnupg/S.log OPTIONS
watchgnupg understands these options: --force Delete an already existing socket file. --tcp n Instead of reading from a local socket, listen for connects on TCP port n. --verbose Enable extra informational output. --version Print version of the program and exit. --help Display a brief help page and exit. EXAMPLES
$ watchgnupg --force /home/foo/.gnupg/S.log This waits for connections on the local socket '/home/foo/.gnupg/S.log' and shows all log entries. To make this work the option log-file needs to be used with all modules which logs are to be shown. The value for that option must be given with a special prefix (e.g. in the conf file): log-file socket:///home/foo/.gnupg/S.log For debugging purposes it is also possible to do remote logging. Take care if you use this feature because the information is send in the clear over the network. Use this syntax in the conf files: log-file tcp://192.168.1.1:4711 You may use any port and not just 4711 as shown above; only IP addresses are supported (v4 and v6) and no host names. You need to start watchgnupg with the tcp option. Note that under Windows the registry entry HKCUSoftwareGNUGnuPG:DefaultLogFile can be used to change the default log output from stderr to whatever is given by that entry. However the only useful entry is a TCP name for remote debugging. SEE ALSO
gpg(1), gpgsm(1), gpg-agent(1), scdaemon(1) The full documentation for this tool is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If GnuPG and the info program are properly installed at your site, the command info gnupg should give you access to the complete manual including a menu structure and an index. GnuPG 2.0.22 2014-06-10 WATCHGNUPG(1)