Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Software Releases - RSS News USB Network Daemon 0.2 (Default branch) Post 302257101 by Linux Bot on Tuesday 11th of November 2008 11:10:05 AM
Old 11-11-2008
USB Network Daemon 0.2 (Default branch)

The USB Network Daemon is an application thatmakes a USB interface available over the networkas transparently as possible. Because the datastructures that are accepted by the daemon aresimilar to the direct USB calls of a well-knownUSB driver vendor, the (additional) implementationof the network interface can be done easily.Because of that, applications can be adapted forboth local direct and remote network USB accesseseasily.License: GNU General Public License (GPL)Changes:
The vendor and product ID of the handled devices can now be set via the configuration file. The daemon now handles up to six devices of the configured types at the same time.Image

More...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trying to get my USB network card to work with Linux

Ok, heres the deal... Yesterday i installed Unix on my laptop and surprisingly everything works perfect.....exept my network card i have a linksys USB network card (basically a thing you plug into a USB port that is now your NIC card and i connect it to my router) But i have no idea how i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Freakytah
1 Replies

2. Solaris

network on solaris 10, through usb port...(urgent)

hi all, I have been trying to setup network on solaris10 from a long time but am unable to do so.. I tried it with the ethernet card i have(dfe -520tx) but since i was not able to find drivers for that particular device, i thought of using the usb mode to run network.. However am not able... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
0 Replies

3. Linux

Can USB Devices Be Exported Over a Network?

While I know that it's possible to use something like SANE to share a USB scanner over a network, or use NBD or iSCSI to share a USB flash or external HD over the network, I've been wondering about a raw USB <--> TCP/IP transport. Back in the late 90s, I swear I remember hearing about a project... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Network Interface and USB Drive issues

Hi I had installed Sun Solaris 10 on my dell vostro 1400.Problem is iam unable to mount the usb drives as there was no detections at all.And also iam unable to find my network interface or iam not able to install the network card. If try to type ifconfig -a It is showing only loop back... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: testerindia25
4 Replies

5. AIX

Alert: Network Status Monitor daemon (rpcstat) is not running

Hi I am currently testing SCOM2012 on my AIX systems for monitoring. I tested it on 3 systems and immediately i got the following errors: Alert: Network Status Monitor daemon (rpcstat) is not running Source: AIX 7.1 Path: (left blank) Last modified by: (left blank) Last modified time:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsabo40
3 Replies
CDCE(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   CDCE(4)

NAME
cdce -- USB Communication Device Class Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
cdce* at uhub? port ? DESCRIPTION
The cdce driver provides support for USB Host-to-Host (aka USB-to-USB) bridges based on the USB Communication Device Class (CDC) and Ethernet subclass, including the following: o Acer Labs USB 2.0 Data Link o G.Mate YP3X00 o Motorola USBNET o NetChip EthernetGadget o Prolific PL-2501 o Sharp Zaurus The USB bridge appears as a regular network interface on both sides, transporting Ethernet frames. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). USB 1.x bridges support speeds of up to 12Mbps, and USB 2.0 speeds of up to 480Mbps. Packets are received and transmitted over separate USB bulk transfer endpoints. The cdce driver does not support different media types or options. DIAGNOSTICS
cdce%d: no union descriptor The driver couldn't fetch an interface descriptor from the USB device. For a manually added USB vendor/product, the CDCE_NO_UNION flag can be tried to work around the missing descriptor. cdce%d: no data interface cdce%d: could not read endpoint descriptor cdce%d: unexpected endpoint cdce%d: could not find data bulk in/out For a manually added USB vendor/product, these errors indicate that the bridge is not compatible with the driver. cdce%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. cdce%d: no memory for rx list -- packet dropped! Memory allocation through MGETHDR or MCLGET failed, the system is running low on mbufs. cdce%d: abort/close rx/tx pipe failed cdce%d: rx/tx list init failed cdce%d: open rx/tx pipe failed cdce%d: usb error on rx/tx SEE ALSO
arp(4), intro(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) Universal Serial Bus Class Definitions for Communication Devices, http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/usbcdc11.pdf. Data sheet Prolific PL-2501 Host-to-Host Bridge/Network Controller, http://tech.prolific.com.tw/visitor/fcabdl.asp?fid=20679530. HISTORY
The cdce device driver first appeared in OpenBSD 3.6 and NetBSD 3.0. AUTHORS
The cdce driver was written by Craig Boston <craig@tobuj.gank.org> based on the aue(4) driver written by Bill Paul <wpaul@windriver.com> and ported to OpenBSD by Daniel Hartmeier <dhartmei@openbsd.org>. CAVEATS
Many USB devices notoriously fail to report their class and interfaces correctly. Undetected products might work flawlessly when their ven- dor and product IDs are added to the driver manually. BSD
June 7, 2011 BSD