Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove first few words from a line Post 302244100 by shellscripter on Tuesday 7th of October 2008 07:52:19 AM
Old 10-07-2008
Question remove first few words from a line

Hi All,

Sample:

4051 Oct 4 10:03:36 AM 2008: TEST: end of testcase Checking Interface after reload, result fail

I need to remove first 10 words of the above line and output should be like

Checking Interface after reload, result fail

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remove words from file

Hello, I have a question: I have two different files, let's call them file1 and file2. file1 contains a list of words, the words are on seperate lines: word1 word2 word3 word4 etc... file2 also contains a list of words, seperated in the same way as file1. What I want to do is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beeser
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicate words in a line

Hi, Please help! I have a file having duplicate words in some line and I want to remove the duplicate words. The order of the words in the output file doesn't matter. INPUT_FILE pink_kite red_pen ball pink_kite ball yellow_flower white no white no cloud nine_pen pink cloud pink nine_pen... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_2921
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove the words

Hi folks, I have file with the below 1245633505 +manual mroennfeldt@news.com.au 1245633506 +manual sal@bynews.com.au 1245633506 +manual whson@btimes.com 1245633507 +manual karla.marsden@tnews.com.au 1245633508 +manual king@netn.com.au Now, I need the output of the files only with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove all words starting from a matching word in a line

Hi Guys, I have a file like this: wwwe 1 ioie ewew yyy uuu 88 erehrlk 4 ihoiwhe lkjhassad lkhsad yyy mmm 45 jhash lhasdhs lkhsdkjsn ouiyrshroi oihoihswodnw oiyhewe yyy ggg 77 I want to remove everything after "yyy" and including "yyy" from each line in the file. So I want:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove all words from a matching word in a line?

Hi Guys, :p I have a file like this: 2010-04-25 00:00:30,095 INFO - ]- start process U100M4 2010-04-25 00:00:30,096 DEBUG - ] -- call EJB 2010-04-25 00:00:30,709 INFO - - end processU100M4 2010-04-25 00:00:30,710 DEBUG - got message=Sorry I want to out put format. 2010-04-25... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove all words after first space from each line

My file looks like: asd absjdd sdff vczxs wedssx c dasx ccc I need to keep asd sdff wedssx dasx How do I do that experts?:wall::wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hakermania
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove words

All, I have a file with below entries. /java/usr/abc/123 /java/usr/xyz/123_21 /java/usr/ab12/345/234 ......... ......... And I need entry as /java/usr/abc/config /java/usr/xyz/config /java/usr/ab12/config ......... ......... Actually, I need to remove all other entries... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove last few words from Line

Hi I would like to remove last few words from File Could anybody Help on it. ps -ef | grep mgr.prm | awk '{print $10}' /opt/app/dummyd/xyz/dirprm/mgr.prm /opt/app/dummy/xyz/dirprm/mgr.prm /opt/app/dummy/xyz/dirprm/mgr.prm I want output like /opt/app/dummyd/xyz... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

USING sed to remove multiple strings/words from a line

Hi I use sed comnand to remove occurance of one workd from a line. However I need to removed occurance of dufferent words in ne line. Original-1 Hi this is the END of my begining Comand sed s/"END"/"start"/g Output-1 Hi this is the start of my beginig But I have more... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace particular words in file based on if finds another words in that line

Hi All, I need one help to replace particular words in file based on if finds another words in that file . i.e. my self is peter@king. i am staying at north sydney. we all are peter@king. How to replace peter to sham if it finds @king in any line of that file. Please help me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajib Podder
8 Replies
gnutls-cli-debug(1)						   User Commands					       gnutls-cli-debug(1)

NAME
gnutls-cli-debug - GnuTLS debug client SYNOPSIS
gnutls-cli-debug [-flag [value]]... [--opt-name[[=| ]value]]... Operands and options may be intermixed. They will be reordered. DESCRIPTION
TLS debug client. It sets up multiple TLS connections to a server and queries its capabilities. It was created to assist in debugging GnuTLS, but it might be useful to extract a TLS server's capabilities. It connects to a TLS server, performs tests and print the server's capabilities. If called with the `-v' parameter more checks will be performed. Can be used to check for servers with special needs or bugs. OPTIONS
-d number, --debug=number Enable debugging.. This option takes an integer number as its argument. The value of number is constrained to being: in the range 0 through 9999 Specifies the debug level. -V, --verbose More verbose output. This option may appear an unlimited number of times. -p number, --port=number The port to connect to. This option takes an integer number as its argument. The value of number is constrained to being: in the range 0 through 65536 -h, --help Display usage information and exit. -!, --more-help Pass the extended usage information through a pager. -v [{v|c|n}], --version[={v|c|n}] Output version of program and exit. The default mode is `v', a simple version. The `c' mode will print copyright information and `n' will print the full copyright notice. EXAMPLES
$ ../src/gnutls-cli-debug localhost Resolving 'localhost'... Connecting to '127.0.0.1:443'... Checking for SSL 3.0 support... yes Checking whether %COMPAT is required... no Checking for TLS 1.0 support... yes Checking for TLS 1.1 support... no Checking fallback from TLS 1.1 to... TLS 1.0 Checking for TLS 1.2 support... no Checking whether we need to disable TLS 1.0... N/A Checking for Safe renegotiation support... yes Checking for Safe renegotiation support (SCSV)... yes Checking for HTTPS server name... not checked Checking for version rollback bug in RSA PMS... no Checking for version rollback bug in Client Hello... no Checking whether the server ignores the RSA PMS version... no Checking whether the server can accept Hello Extensions... yes Checking whether the server can accept small records (512 bytes)... yes Checking whether the server can accept cipher suites not in SSL 3.0 spec... yes Checking whether the server can accept a bogus TLS record version in the client hello... yes Checking for certificate information... N/A Checking for trusted CAs... N/A Checking whether the server understands TLS closure alerts... partially Checking whether the server supports session resumption... yes Checking for export-grade ciphersuite support... no Checking RSA-export ciphersuite info... N/A Checking for anonymous authentication support... no Checking anonymous Diffie-Hellman group info... N/A Checking for ephemeral Diffie-Hellman support... no Checking ephemeral Diffie-Hellman group info... N/A Checking for ephemeral EC Diffie-Hellman support... yes Checking ephemeral EC Diffie-Hellman group info... Curve SECP256R1 Checking for AES-GCM cipher support... no Checking for AES-CBC cipher support... yes Checking for CAMELLIA cipher support... no Checking for 3DES-CBC cipher support... yes Checking for ARCFOUR 128 cipher support... yes Checking for ARCFOUR 40 cipher support... no Checking for MD5 MAC support... yes Checking for SHA1 MAC support... yes Checking for SHA256 MAC support... no Checking for ZLIB compression support... no Checking for max record size... no Checking for OpenPGP authentication support... no EXIT STATUS
One of the following exit values will be returned: 0 (EXIT_SUCCESS) Successful program execution. 1 (EXIT_FAILURE) The operation failed or the command syntax was not valid. 70 (EX_SOFTWARE) libopts had an internal operational error. Please report it to autogen-users@lists.sourceforge.net. Thank you. SEE ALSO
gnutls-cli(1), gnutls-serv(1) AUTHORS
Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos, Simon Josefsson and others; see /usr/share/doc/gnutls-bin/AUTHORS for a complete list. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2012 Free Software Foundation all rights reserved. This program is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. BUGS
Please send bug reports to: bugs@gnutls.org NOTES
This manual page was AutoGen-erated from the gnutls-cli-debug option definitions. 3.1.18 20 Dec 2013 gnutls-cli-debug(1)