Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to check whether given numbe ris hex or not Post 302243749 by shamrock on Monday 6th of October 2008 01:22:02 PM
Old 10-06-2008
Certain conventions are used when dealing with numbers in different bases. Hex digits are prefixed with 0x or 0X; octals have a leading zero; and decimals are written as is...
Code:
int dec, oct, hx;
oct = 056; /* octal 56 */ 
hx = 0x56; /* hex 56 */
dec = 56; /* decimal 56 */

Is that it or are you looking to parse a string of characters into hex / decimal digits? The requirements are not clear from your post.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ascii To Hex

How will I display on screen a UNIX ascii file with its HEX equivalent. I want to check whether 0D 0A is coming at the end of the file which I am generating from UNIX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: augustinep
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculation - Result not accurate if numbe too big

Dear all, Below is my script, totalCount=57006427 totalSummCount=1207590 let percentageSumTmp1=${totalCount}-${totalSummCount} let percentageSumTmp2=${percentageSumTmp1}*100 The expected result for percentageSumTmp2 should be (5579883700), but when I execute the script in unix env i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: epall
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for a hex character?

Hi guys , i would want to count the concurrences of the 0A hex char in a text file , then if no matches i need to add a 0A at the end of the line. Any ideas? thx.Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Klashxx
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hex editing

Hi, I am new to UNIX. I have a text file where each line ends on the hexadecimal character "0A". In the file there are some records that contain the Hex characters "0D0A" which I need to replace by Hex "20". Is there a simple way to do this? Regards, Swanie (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swanie
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

hex to decimal

hi all, echo "ibase=16;obase=10;11" | bc shouldn't i get 17? i am getting 11 i am trying to convert 11 (hex) to decimal stuck! JAK (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
4 Replies

6. Programming

After converting the hexstr to Hex and storing the Hex in a char*

Hi All, My main intension of is to convert the Hexstring stored in a char* into hex and then prefixing it with "0x" and suffix it with ',' This has to be done for all the hexstring char* is NULL. Store the result prefixed with "0x" and suffixed with ',' in another char* and pass it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

7. Programming

ascii to hex

Hello guys, i want to convert a text file to hex and have written this code : int main(int argc, char **argv) { ifstream file; string fileName = "CODEZ"; file.open(fileName.c_str()); // oeffen im Text-Modus if(file) {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingbruce
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux RIS server installation

Hi, I'm Samir and I'm new here, actually I'm facing a problem, I'm trying to configure a Linux RIS (Remote Installation Server) to drive windows installation from a Linux RHEL5 I got a guide to do that and followed precisely, I am getting this error message in the client side Setup cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samir82show
2 Replies

9. Programming

What is the difference between ios::hex and std::hex?

Hi, Is there really a difference between these two, std::hex and ios::hex?? I stumbled upon reading a line, "std::ios::hex is a bitmask (8 on gcc) and works with setf(). std::hex is the operator". Is this true? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace with "sed" some hex values by other hex values?

Assume I have a file \usr\home\\somedir\myfile123.txt and I want to replace all occurencies of the two (concatenated) hex values x'AD' x'A0' bytwo other (concatenated) hex values x'20' x'6E' How can I achieve this with the gnu sed tool? Additional question: Is there a way to let sed show... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies
RAX2(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   RAX2(1)

NAME
rax2 -- radare base converter SYNOPSIS
rax2 [-ebsSvxkh] [[value] ...] DESCRIPTION
This command is part of the radare project. This command allows you to convert values between positive and negative integer, float octal, binary and hexadecimal values. OPTIONS
-e Swap endian. -b Convert from binary string to caracter (rax2 -b 01000101) -s Convert from hex string to caracter (rax2 -s 43 4a 50) -S Convert from hex string to caracter (rax2 -S C J P) -v Show program version -x Convert a string into a hash -k Keep de same base as the input data -h Show usage help message USAGE
Available variable types are: int -> hex rax2 10 hex -> int rax2 0xa -int -> hex rax2 -77 -hex -> int rax2 0xffffffb3 int -> bin rax2 b30 bin -> int rax2 1010d float -> hex rax2 3.33f hex -> float rax2 Fx40551ed8 oct -> hex rax2 35o hex -> oct rax2 Ox12 (O is a letter) bin -> hex rax2 1100011b hex -> bin rax2 Bx63 With no arguments, rax2 reads values from stdin. You can pass one or more values as arguments. $ rax2 33 0x41 0101b 0x21 65 0x5 You can do 'unpack' hexpair encoded strings easily. $ rax2 -s 41 42 43 ABC And it supports some math operations. $ rax2 0x5*101b+5 30 It is very useful tool for scripting, so you can read floating point values, or get the integer offset of a jump or a stack delta when ana- lyzing programs. SEE ALSO
radare2(1), rahash2(1), rafind2(1), rabin2(1), ranal2(1), radiff2(1), ragg2(1), rarun2(1), rasm2(1), AUTHORS
pancake <pancake@nopcode.org>, nibble <nibble@develsec.org> BSD
Mar 12, 2010 BSD