Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rsync to an external list of URLs Post 302240445 by danmero on Thursday 25th of September 2008 10:20:58 PM
Old 09-25-2008
First step is to read each address for file:
Code:
while read name URL
do
   # do something with that $URL but I don't belive you can rsync from url
done < url_file

.. and next you have to visit rsync and see what you can or you cannot do.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rsync file list

Hello, I'm trying to utilize rsync to backup 7 gigs of approximately 10,000 files, from what I've read this should be no sweat. However subsequent syncs seem to build an entirely new file list and the process takes a great deal of time. Reading the man page I'm not sure if I need to specify a file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hexaplus
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding and removing patterns in a large list of urls

I have a list of urls for example: Google Google Base Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Video - It's On Google The problem is that Google and Google are duplicates as are Yahoo! and Yahoo!. I'm needing to find these conical www duplicates and append the text "DUP#" in from of both Google and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: totus
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync building file list/catalog path/location

Where is the file list created by rsync when it says building file list ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

4. Web Development

Tricky mod_rewrite for clean urls problems when fetching external sources

Hi, I have problems with mod rewrite. I will try to describe... I want clean urls but fail to make it work propperly. Maybe I have problems, because the content displayed is fetched from my other site... There is a lot of stuff I already red about this, but somehow I can not find a solution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove external urls from .html file

Hi everyone. I have an html file with lines like so: link href="localFolder/..."> link href="htp://..."> img src="localFolder/..."> img src="htp://..."> I want to remove the links with http in the href and imgs with http in its src. I'm having trouble removing them because there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CowCow339
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync file list help

Is it possible to make rsync output a list of all the files transferred to a separate text file? If so how? I wondered if the --write-batch=FILE optionis what I need Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to extract domain and tld from list of urls.

I have done a fair amount of searching the threads, but I have not been able to cobble together a solution to my challenge. What I am trying to do is to line edit a file that will leave behind only the domain and tld of a long list of urls. The list looks something like this: www.google.com... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamb1
3 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Rsync for back up, external HD

Hello all! I am quite unsure with all options of rsync. Here my backup configuration: I am on Mac X (10.8) and want an exact copy of my HD to an external HD. I formatted the new USB drive with Mac OS extended (Journaled, Encrypted) and made in my shell the following command and got the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: marek
9 Replies

9. Solaris

How can i list Solaris External storages?

Hi how can i list Solaris external storage's only, ie SAN, # for fs in `mount -p | egrep 'ufs|zfs|vxfs' | awk '{print $3}'`; do df -h $fs | sed 's/%//g' | grep -v capacity; done /dev/dsk/c2t5000C5003C31721Bd0s0 30G 18G 12G 61 /... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
URL(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    URL(4)

NAME
url -- Realtek RTL8150L USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
url* at uhub? urlphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The url driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Realtek RTL8150L USB-ether bridge chip. The url driver supports the following adapters: CompUSA USBKR100 GreenHouse GH-USB100B Melco Inc. LUA-KTX Sitecom LN013 For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). DIAGNOSTICS
url%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. url%d: no memory for rx list The driver failed to allocate an mbuf for the receiver ring. SEE ALSO
arp(4), mii(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The url device driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The url driver was written by Shingo WATANABE <nabe@nabechan.org>. BSD
September 18, 2006 BSD