Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Running Script after Preseed Install Post 302237593 by era on Thursday 18th of September 2008 01:50:10 AM
Old 09-18-2008
My speculation would be that the device is okay but you need an explicit path to the script.

As a workaround, make it install a dummy package with a preinst script which does what you want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Running from Shell Vs running from RC script

Hi, i have a script which need to do behave differently when run as a startup process from init.d/ rc2.d script and when run manually from shell. How do i distinguish whether my script is run by init process or by shell?? Will the command /proc/$$/psinfo | grep "myscript" work well???... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ubuntu Preseed not found

Hello there! I am not certain that this is the proper place to post this, but I will try anyway. I am trying to install Ubuntu using a preseed on a USB thumb drive, and I am having problems. Hopefully someone here is able to help me. I have a file named 'preseed.cfg' in the root directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Curtor
4 Replies

3. Linux

install macbook pro fedora10 ???((<<if can install, how to install? >> ))

If may install can Tells everybody ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzBSD
0 Replies

4. AIX

Can I install AIX operating system on a PC that is running windows 7?

Hi All, I was wondering if I can install AIX 6.1 on my D harddrive and have Windows 7 on my C harddrive. If so, can anybody help me with the installation of AIX? I am totally new to AIX and don't know how to install it. Tried getting info from google on how to install AIX but couldn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX_Beginner
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Preseed command to copy a file to /root directory

I was hoping to edit the command below to copy a file "start.bin" from the install cd to /root on the installation machine. d-i preseed/late_command string \ wget -O /target/root/start.bin 'http://abc.start.bin' \ && in-target chmod 755 /root/start.bin \ My best guess is it would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmunoz
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running program from local install?

Dear forum, This is my first post here, nice to meet you all. My question might be a beginner one, also it might have been answered before (I searched but found nothing). I am a new Unix user. I am using a terminal to connect to Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.2.0-48-generic x86_64);... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: athina
10 Replies

8. Red Hat

FATAL: Error running install command for binfmt_0000

Hi, Firstly, I want to say hello to all of you guys. My first post here... I have issue with CentOS and I hope that there is someone who can help or even explain what could cause this kind of situation. I have installed CentOS 5.7 x86_64 into Hyper-V (Windows Server 2012 R2) environment. After... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigolos
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Install LDoms in T2000 running Solaris 11.2

Hi, im trying a lab with Solaris 11.2 in SunFire T2000 I read about know problem with ldomsmanager version. Solaris 11 comes with ldomsmanager 2.2 and T2000 needs 1.2. I need to install ldomsmanager version 1.2 but i donīt know why... i canīt find it at oracle site. I found oracle VM for SPARC... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuziKizuM
0 Replies

10. Debian

Debian installer or how to preseed

Good afternoon! Could you please clarify me how to use correct Debian's preseed file? I have a kernel version 4.15.0-20-generic (Ubuntu 18.04) and default initrd (both downloaded from official repo) Also I have a little kickstart file and main preseed cfg file Installation start by iPXE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nodorgrom
4 Replies
fileutil::magic::cfront(n)					  file utilities					fileutil::magic::cfront(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
fileutil::magic::cfront - Generator core for compiler of magic(5) files SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require fileutil::magic::cfront ?1.0? package require fileutil::magic::cgen ?1.0? package require fileutil::magic::rt ?1.0? package require struct::list package require fileutil ::fileutil::magic::cfront::compile path... ::fileutil::magic::cfront::procdef procname path... ::fileutil::magic::cfront::install path... _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides the frontend of a compiler of magic(5) files into recognizers based on the fileutil::magic::rt recognizer runtime package. For the generator backed used by this compiler see the package fileutil::magic::cgen. COMMANDS
::fileutil::magic::cfront::compile path... This command takes the paths of one or more files and directories and compiles all the files, and the files in all the directories into a single recognizer for all the file types specified in these files. All the files have to be in the format specified by magic(5). The result of the command is a Tcl script containing the generated recognizer. ::fileutil::magic::cfront::procdef procname path... This command behaves like ::fileutil::magic::cfront::compile with regard to the specified path arguments, then wraps the resulting recognizer script into a procedure named procname, puts code setting up the namespace of procname in front, and returns the result- ing script. ::fileutil::magic::cfront::install path... This command uses ::fileutil::magic::cfront::procdef to compile each of the paths into a recognizer procedure and installs the result in the current interpreter. The name of each new procedure is derived from the name of the file/directory used in its creation, with file/directory "FOO" caus- ing the creation of procedure ::fileutil::magic::/FOO::run. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category fileutil :: magic of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
file(1), fileutil, magic(5) KEYWORDS
file recognition, file type, file utilities, mime, type fumagic 1.0 fileutil::magic::cfront(n)