Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Finding an email address
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding an email address Post 302237348 by avronius on Wednesday 17th of September 2008 01:07:28 PM
Old 09-17-2008
Code:
grep \@ fileIN | tr -s ' ' '\n' | grep \@ | awk -F"@" '{print $1}' >fileOUT

I haven't done any of the 10/11 digit magic...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Finding an x25 address for a server

I am trying to find the x25 address of a server. Presumably this is stored in some sort of config file - and while I can find the IP and OSI addresses - I cannot work out where to find the x25 address.....any ideas? (Unix on Solaris) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding LocalHost IP Address

I am writing a program that need to be run on several machines. I am running UNIX and wanted to know if there is a command similar to ipconfig (in DOS) that would return the IP Address of the machine that I am working on. (Not just the loopback address of 127.0.0.1). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hazard0007
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding IP address of the workstation

Hi, I have the following requirement. I want to configure in the .profile file of my user id in such a way that it loads a particular set of command when i log in from a particular machine and another set when i log into the server from a different machine. What is the command to get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vijay Srinivasa
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding an IP address

Using either % nslookup www.computerhope.com or % host www.computerhope.com Is there a way to single out only the IP address and not all the other information that these commands return by using the options or something of this nature. For Example I would like to do this Echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slim1509
1 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Finding IP address of the system hosting an NAS

Hi, On Solaris 5.8 when I run the command df -F nfs one of the outputs I am getting is: pun-filer-01:/vol/Unix/punehome/vineetd out of which "pun-filer-01" is hostname of the machine on which the NAS device is hosted and /vol/Unix/punehome/vineetd is the mount point. I am interested in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineetd
2 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Change email address

How can I change email address registered with my unix.com account (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Cant use certain email address

I tried to re-register using my new email address which is <firstname>@<surname>.me But it never sent out the email confirmation. I had to hit the back button and use my gmail address instead and it came through instantly. Is there a problem with using .me addresses? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustin
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding if my IP address belongs in a Class C group

I need help with a tcl code. I have a variable "myIP" which reads IP address from socket. How do I use regex to find out if it belongs to a group for e.g., 50.65.75.240/28 or 50.65.75.128/25 etc. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ampak
2 Replies
SCRIPT-EMAIL(8) 					  System Administration Commands					   SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)

NAME
script-email - Amanda script to send email notifications DESCRIPTION
script-email is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It sends a notification email to the addresses specified in the MAILTO property. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control script-email's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. MAILTO List of email addresses that will receive an email on command execution. It is a multi-valued property: property "MAILTO" "amanda@domain.com" "sysadmin@domain.com" "amandauser@domain.com" EXAMPLE
In this example, script-email is scheduled to be run before the DLE, on the server. The unqualified email address amanda will be passed to the email system unchanged. The script is then attached to a dumptype, which can then be specified for any DLEs which require notification. define script-tool pre-email { comment "email me before this DLE is backed up" plugin "script-email" execute-on pre-dle-backup execute-where server property "mailto" "amanda" } define dumptype user-tar-email { user-tar script "pre-email" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)