Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Storage paths
Operating Systems AIX Storage paths Post 302225354 by Storeman on Friday 15th of August 2008 08:31:13 AM
Old 08-15-2008
Thanks for the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockneck
What storage? What FC adapter?
It's a Nexsan Satabeast and the FC adapter is an IBM 1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockneck
I am not sure what you mean by "I have tried enabling [...] delayed_fail on the FC adapter". I'd try enable fast_fail of the fscsi device. Put all children of all fscsi devices in the defined state
# rmdev -l fscsiX -R
change the policy from delayed_fail (i.e. off) to fast_fail (i.e. on) on every fscsi device
# chdev -l fscsiX -a fc_err_recov=fast_fail
Run cfgmgr to reconfigure all devices back to the available state.
# cfgmgr
I have tried various configurations of the fscsi device with dynamic tracking enabled/disabled and fast_fail/delayed_fail but nothing so far has recognised when a failed path becomes active again.

I know multipathing does not work correctly without a device PCM so I'm wondering if this may be the same issue.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting Storage Device Sizes and Paths

What I'm Doing: I'm developing a python script that scans for all storage devices and their respective sizes. Python does not have a command that returns the /dev paths of storage devices or the respective sizes. So, I need to pipe a shell command to python. The Problem: In root, I've used... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: codecellar
4 Replies
scsimgr_fcd(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					    scsimgr_fcd(7)

NAME
scsimgr_fcd - Fibre Channel interface driver fcd plug-in for scsimgr DESCRIPTION
The Fibre Channel interface driver plug-in for implements management operations specific to fibre channel HBA controllers bound to driver is the native HP-UX Fibre Channel interface driver that manages fibre channel devices. The plug-in handles the following operations for driver o Get, set and save per driver instance attributes. Commands The user can explicitly send the following commands to the driver plug-in by specifying the instance#> HBA controller hardware path> instance#> option: Displays information on attributes. Saves value of attributes in a persistent store. Sets values of attributes. Refer to scsimgr(1M) for the syntax of these commands. automatically invokes the plug-in to perform the driver specific part of the operation when the operation applies to per driver instances. Attributes The following table lists driver specific attributes. For details on the concept of attributes refer to scsimgr(1M). Note: The following conventions are used: o RO is Read Only. o RW is Read Write. o string is an array of characters. --------------------------------------------------------------------- Object Attribute Name RO/RW Type Description --------------------------------------------------------------------- Controller sym_port_name RW string Symbolic Port Name for fibre channel HBA con- troller Default: <host- name>_fcd<instance#> --------------------------------------------------------------------- sym_node_name RW string Symbolic Node Name for fibre channel HBA con- troller Default: <hostname>_HP- UX_<os release version> --------------------------------------------------------------------- EXAMPLES
Display all attributes for HBA controller with DSF /dev/fcd1: Get HBA controller symbolic port name for DSF /dev/fcd1: Get HBA controller symbolic node name for hardware path 0/2/1/0: Set HBA controller symbolic port name for DSF /dev/fcd1 to fcd1_port: Set HBA controller symbolic node name for class fc and instance 8 to fcd1_node: Save HBA controller symbolic port name for DSF /dev/fcd1 as fcd1_port: Save HBA controller symbolic node name for hardware path 0/2/1/0 as fcd1_node: AUTHOR
Fibre Channel interface driver plug-in for was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
scsimgr(1M), intro(7). scsimgr_fcd(7)