Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Opensuse installation
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Opensuse installation Post 302222281 by striker1 on Wednesday 6th of August 2008 12:56:09 PM
Old 08-06-2008
Opensuse installation

I have never installed unix, after going through forum i realised opensuse is one of the goodoptions. I have downloaded iso image and burned DVD and took installation print out.
I have created a partition (g)of 10gb, but my question is how do i make unix to get installed on my partitioned drive(g)?, i am not understanding it verywell from installation document. I do not want to touch windows or c drive so that if any failure occures it will not affect anyof current files.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

2. SuSE

Opensuse mt command

do not have lock and unlock function, is any way to lock the tape drive under opensuse 10? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijiajin
4 Replies

3. SuSE

openSUSE support

does Novell support openSUSE as it does for it's server packages, or is openSUSE's support the same as every other distribution of linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bcbotha
1 Replies

4. SuSE

Is OpenSuSE 12.1 stable and reliable?

Hi, We are ready to update OpenSuSE for our web servers from 11.2 to either 11.4 or 12.1. 12.1 is still a beta version. Is it stable and reliable enough for production servers? Please share your valuable experiences. Thank you in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

OpenSUSE installation using RHEL / CentOS Kickstart

Hi guys I have CentOS installed on my server. I have also installed TFTP server, DHCP server. I am able to install CentOS on remote machines using PXE boot and kickstart cfg file. I would like to install OpenSUSE using CentOS kickstart file. How do I do it ? I am also fine with any other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msohail
2 Replies
pkg2du(1M)						  System Administration Commands						pkg2du(1M)

NAME
pkg2du - convert driver packages to Driver Update format SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/pkg2du [-f] [-v] [-d dir] [-o iso] [-l label] [-r release] pkg [pkg ...] DESCRIPTION
The /usr/bin/pkg2du utility takes one or more packages as input and converts them to Driver Update (DU) format. If the -d option is speci- fied, the resulting DU directory tree is placed in the directory dir. If the -o option is specified, a Solaris ISO image of the DU direc- tory tree is written in the file iso. The ISO image can be burned onto CD/DVD using cdrw(1) or cdrecord(1) (not a SunOS man page) and used during Solaris installation. At least one of the -d and -o options must be specified. If both are specified, then both an ISO image and a directory tree are generated. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d dir Directory where the DU directory should be created. -o iso Create a Solaris ISO image of the DU directory. -f If dir/DU or iso exists, remove it without asking first. -l label Label/volume name of the ISO image (if -o option is specified). -r release Solaris release number to use. It takes the form of the return from uname -r command, for example, 5.10. If unspecified, the release number of the currently running Solaris is used. -v Verbose. Multiple -v options increase verbosity. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: pkg [pkg...] One or more packages to be converted to DU format. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Creating a DU CD/DVD The following commands create a DU CD or DVD containing packages SUNWfoo and SUNWbar. # /usr/bin/pkg2du -r 5.10 -o my.iso SUNWfoo SUNWbar # /usr/bin/cdrw -i my.iso ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cdrw(1), mkcd(1M), attributes(5) mkisofs(8), (/usr/share/man/man8/mkisofs.8), in the SUNWfsman package (not a SunOS man page) SunOS 5.11 29 Jul 2008 pkg2du(1M)