Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: store key value
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting store key value Post 302217663 by thana on Wednesday 23rd of July 2008 09:39:24 AM
Old 07-23-2008
I want to store it in an associative array where subscripts may be a string eg
arr[first]=1
arr[second]=2

so when we echo $arr[first] , it should give me 1

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how can i store it ?

how can i store a value which is larger than a long double value?? please help me.. -sham- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamal
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and store

When i grep a file and store it in a file it is storing as a zero byte file any way to avoid that..... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
6 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

SSH key code versus server key code

Hi, When logging in using SSH access (to a remotely hosted account), I received a prompt to accept a server's key fingerprint. Wrote that string of code down for comparision. Already emailed my host for their listing of the string of code for the server's key fingerprint (for comparison,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Texan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pressing backspace key simulates enter key

Hi, Whenever i press the backspace key, a new line appears, i.e. it works like a enter key. :confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 8 ssh public key authentication issue - Server refused our key

Hi, I've used the following way to set ssh public key authentication and it is working fine on Solaris 10, RedHat Linux and SuSE Linux servers without any problem. But I got error 'Server refused our key' on Solaris 8 system. Solaris 8 uses SSH2 too. Why? Please help. Thanks. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script @ Find a key word and If the key word matches then replace next 7 lines only

Hi All, I have a XML file which is looks like as below. <<please see the attachment >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <esites> <esite> <name>XXX.com</name> <storeId>10001</storeId> <module> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev_hbk
4 Replies
CURRENT(3)								 1								CURRENT(3)

current - Return the current element in an array

SYNOPSIS
mixed current (array &$array) DESCRIPTION
Every array has an internal pointer to its "current" element, which is initialized to the first element inserted into the array. PARAMETERS
o $array - The array. RETURN VALUES
The current(3) function simply returns the value of the array element that's currently being pointed to by the internal pointer. It does not move the pointer in any way. If the internal pointer points beyond the end of the elements list or the array is empty, current(3) returns FALSE. Warning This function may return Boolean FALSE, but may also return a non-Boolean value which evaluates to FALSE. Please read the section on Booleans for more information. Use the === operator for testing the return value of this function. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Example use of current(3) and friends <?php $transport = array('foot', 'bike', 'car', 'plane'); $mode = current($transport); // $mode = 'foot'; $mode = next($transport); // $mode = 'bike'; $mode = current($transport); // $mode = 'bike'; $mode = prev($transport); // $mode = 'foot'; $mode = end($transport); // $mode = 'plane'; $mode = current($transport); // $mode = 'plane'; $arr = array(); var_dump(current($arr)); // bool(false) $arr = array(array()); var_dump(current($arr)); // array(0) { } ?> NOTES
Note You won't be able to distinguish the end of an array from a boolean FALSE element. To properly traverse an array which may contain FALSE elements, see the each(3) function. SEE ALSO
end(3), key(3), each(3), prev(3), reset(3), next(3). PHP Documentation Group CURRENT(3)