Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Ethernet card drivers issue... Post 302212116 by younus_syed on Sunday 6th of July 2008 01:16:01 PM
Old 07-06-2008
Ethernet card drivers issue...

I need to install ethernet card drivers on intel machine. How can i know which Ethernet card interface (sfe,rh,rtls...) is it? How can i know the speed of that card? How can i know network traffic ? If network traffic is more with that interface what should i do?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by younus_syed; 07-06-2008 at 02:23 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ethernet Drivers

I installed Solaris 8 on Compaq EN733 system which has Intel /100 Network Card. When I ran 'ifconfig -a', it did not show any nic card attarched to it. I am not sure is this driver problem or something else. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ethernet card for Solaris

Hi, How can i check the speed of the Ethernet card that my Sun server has and also how can i change it to full Duplex if it is set to half duplex? What is the file that takes care of this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

RedHat and Ethernet card no like each other

I have searched this forum for solution and have drawn a blank... so I come to you for help :) I an a Win XP user that has no problem getting on internet when I am on that OS (currently on it right now ;)). I installed red hat 9 and when I use that OS, I cannot get a connection. I ran the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minnesota Red
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ethernet card problem...

I am an extreme novice trying to learn Linux. I have redhat 9 installed in a computer I built specifically to install and learn linux. I have an asus a7v8x-x motherboard with the realtek 10/100 mbps ethernet card. I also installed a Jaht adapter jn-1110r32c ethernet card. I cannot get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tony Empire
2 Replies

5. SCO

Issue with a ethernet card

Installed a replacement 3com pci card on an ibm PC 300 GL, running OpenServer 6.0 , brought up system, and recieved this message: Fsstat:/dev/boot mounted Mounted /stand filesystem System auditing is not enabled. Dlpid:Unable to open network adapter driver (/dev/mdi/r8e0) Dlpid:No such... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tazmss1
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

ethernet card

What command do I use to show mw the ethernet card, I have tried ipconfig -a (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhlopomo
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Network card drivers for solaris?

Hi all, i have configured my solaris 5 .10 for internet connection by editing the files /etc/hosts/,/etc/resolve.config,/etc/defalutrouter and nsswitchconfig . during installation i was not requested for ip adddress even i plugged network cable. am i need to install any network card... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
2 Replies

8. AIX

Utilization of Ethernet Card

Hi, is it possible to find out network utilization of etherenet card in %? Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

9. Linux

Offload parameters for Ethernet Card

Hi, Actually i want to see Offload parameter for my Eth card. Then after i try using this command Anybody can explain ? Is there any problem with my eth card ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justbow
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Problem with my Ethernet Card

Hi Gurus of Solaris. I have a problem yesterday when I was installing solaris in a x86 equipement I attached some log that I capture when I try to resolve the problem Any guru that can help please. Any command or procedure that I can run, please advice me Regards Andres (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
10 Replies
XI(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     XI(4)

NAME
xi -- Xircom CreditCard Ethernet device driver SYNOPSIS
xi* at xirc? Configuration of PHYs may also be necessary. See mii(4). DESCRIPTION
The xi driver provides support for the Xircom CreditCard family of PCMCIA Ethernet adapters. Supported cards include: Xircom CreditCard Ethernet II Xircom CreditCard 10/100 Ethernet Xircom RealPort 10/100 Ethernet + Modem (Ethernet function only) Intel EtherExpress Pro/100 Compaq Netelligent 10/100 Cards which should work, but have not been confirmed include: Xircom RealPort Ethernet Xircom RealPort 10/100 Ethernet Some Xircom Ethernet products are supported by the tlp(4) driver. MEDIA SELECTION
Media selection is done using ifconfig(8) using the standard ifmedia(4) mechanism. Refer to those manual pages for more information. SEE ALSO
ifmedia(4), mii(4), netintro(4), pcmcia(4), tlp(4), xirc(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The xi device driver appeared in NetBSD 1.5. BUGS
The driver suffers from poor performance. Even with the 10/100 cards, do not expect more than ~450KB/s. Some 10/100 cards may not autonego- tiate reliably and require manual media selection. The Xircom multifunction cards which contain both Ethernet and modem interfaces are known to have problems. This is due to the card not reporting itself correctly as a multifunction card. BSD
June 1, 2007 BSD