Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SE 3510 Battery Issue
Operating Systems Solaris SE 3510 Battery Issue Post 302211944 by reborg on Saturday 5th of July 2008 10:53:38 AM
Old 07-05-2008
Incredible has a couple of good points there. The firmware version is VERY old, I haven't seen a 3.27 version in probably two years. The sscs version is also very old, and didn't have all of the features which are available in the later versions. With older versions some of the settings still have to be performed through the out-of-band interface on the array either by serial connection or the network interface.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A1000 Battery Question

After searching and finding the link to the A1000 pdf ( http://192.18.99.138/805-7147/805-7147.pdf ) my questions are: 1) I have a battery failure on a A1000. I know that caching is disabled and it reports to see log. After reading the manual I have learned that the battery is a data-cache... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: finster
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problemwith 3510 array.

I have 2 3510FC arrays, one a JBOD with (7) 146GB drives, and the other with dual RAID controllers, also (7) 146GB drives. The idea was to get 1TB mirrored. Anyway, after installing the Enterprise Storage Manager on a connected V880, I was able to use the "sccli" command and see/configure all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ridgeback00
7 Replies

3. Solaris

adding existing disks to a 3510 array

I would like to extend a logical drive on our 3510. I have four unallocated disks which I would like to use for this purpose. The 3510 supports a Sun Cluster but for now all I wish to see is a "new" disk when I run format. I am a little familiar with the telnet/ssh session on the 3510 but am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcqv
2 Replies

4. Solaris

EFI Disk labels on 3510 raid array

Hi Peeps, Can anyone help me an EFI lablel on a 3510 raid array that I cannot get rid of, format -e and label just asks you if you want to label it. Want an SMI label writing to it. Anyone got any ideas on how to remove the EFI label? Thanks in advance Martin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

3510 Disk Array Problem

I have a 3510 disk array attached to a T2000 server. The dmesg command shows disk error as follows and is generated a couple of times during the day Aug 18 03:35:51 myserver SUNWscsdMonitor: <rctrl6042> Standard General Event, CHL:2 ID:22 Drive NOTICE: Drive Recovered Error - 5F8E1F... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

6. Linux

Battery always 0%

Im running Ubuntu 9.04 and the battery indicator on my laptop always reads 0% no matter what. Whether im charging or discharging, the pop up says: "Computer is running on battery power Laptop battery discharging (0.0%) Battery discharge time is currently unknown" When plugged in it says... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Charbs
2 Replies
ACPIBAT(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						ACPIBAT(4)

NAME
acpibat -- ACPI Battery SYNOPSIS
acpibat* at acpi? DESCRIPTION
The acpibat driver supports ACPI batteries. The battery status is made available through the envsys(4) API. The battery information can be displayed also with the envstat(8) command: $ envstat -d acpibat0 Current CritMax WarnMax WarnMin CritMin Unit present: ON design voltage: 14.400 V voltage: 16.267 V design cap: 74.880 Wh last full cap: 48.260 Wh charge: 47.910 5.000% 0.414% Wh (99.27%) charge rate: N/A discharge rate: 16.641 W charging: OFF charge state: NORMAL Depending on the battery, the unit of measurement is either watt-hour (Wh) or ampere-hour (Ah) for the capacity related information. From these the ``charge'' is usually the most interesting value, but it is possible to derive useful information also from the other values. For example, when acpiacad(4) is disconnected, the ``discharge rate'' gives a coarse approximation of the current power consumption. The ratio between the design capacity and the last full capacity on the other hand reveals the overall ``health'' of deteriorating lithium-ion batter- ies. EVENTS
The acpibat driver is able to send events to powerd(8) daemon when a capacity state has been changed. The new state will be reported as the fourth argument to the /etc/powerd/scripts/sensor_battery script. If a custom capacity limit was set via envstat(8), the acpibat driver will report a user-capacity event to the same script when current capacity limit has been reached. SEE ALSO
acpi(4), envsys(4), envstat(8), powerd(8) HISTORY
The acpibat driver appeared in NetBSD 1.6. BUGS
The ACPI specifications make a distinction between ``control method batteries'' and ``smart batteries''. The acpibat driver only supports control method batteries. Furthermore, acpibat does not yet support some additional battery information introduced in the ACPI 4.0 standard. BSD
March 17, 2010 BSD