Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting disk information from multiple servers Post 302209586 by quine on Friday 27th of June 2008 11:53:32 AM
Old 06-27-2008
I don't understand the issue.... Why not write a script and put a copy on each server under cron control to run 3 times a day and email you? You can even get the date in the subject......

Z=`date`
df -m | mail -s "From server X on $Z" youremailaddress

something like that... Quotes around email subject (the -s parm) have to be double quotes or the $Z will not be expanded....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

hard disk information in AIX

Hi, Other than df -k, is there any command that will tell me all physical hard drives installed on the system as well as the size of each one? I'm using AIX 5.1 Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quickfirststep
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh to change multiple ip in multiple servers?

good day. i jsut wanted to know what is the best script or the best way changing a lot of Ip's in all servers. Do you have any idea? im using awk to change IP,what if, you have lots of servers. You need to change it one by one? It will take time to change it manually. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate disk usage in different servers

Hello, I'm writing a script to monitor different filesystems in multiple servers. And depending on the % free, my script will send an Alert email if % free is less than threshold. I want to keep a input_feed_file which would have "server,filesystem". If I run a script a host 'a', then I can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bperl
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Command to List Hard Disk Information

I have a SparcStation5 that is making sounds that make me think the disk drive(s) may be on the verge of quiting. What is the command to list the disk types and sizes? I'm thinking I can possibly pick up another drive or two and compy the exisiting drives while they are still working. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muletrainman
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Using USERNAME variable for getting disk quota information

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. I am trying to write a script where my professor will log in and the script will give him his quota info with the LOGNAME variables, etc. 2. standard I'm not exactly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchapma1
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Finding disk information

Hi, I would like to know how to find out whether hard disk is local or mapped from storage, on my server both hard disk are there, Please guide me. Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Information About Solid State Disk in Linux

Hello, I have few HDD and SSD installed in my RHEL 5 server. I want to know which disk are SDD and which are HDD. What command should I use? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
3 Replies

8. AIX

read lv mountpoint information directly from disk

Hello, I need to get the lv mountpoint from the hdisk directly (from vgda i guess) and not from odm or /etc/filesystems I knew the command, but unfortunately I forgot it ;) cheers funksen (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Inconsistent disk information.

On one of the Unix server B.11.31. a disk that has been provisioned from the VMAX, but according to the diskinfo its show coming from clarion. sudo /opt/emc/SYMCLI/bin/symvg sho /dev/vg_<name> Volume Group Name : /dev/vg_<name> Volume Group Type : HP-UX LVM Volume Group State ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel786
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to apply the update statement in multiple servers on multiple dbs at a time .?

Hi , Can any please help the below requirement on all multiple servers and multiple dbs. update configuration set value='yes' ;1) the above statement apply on 31 Databases at a time on different Ip address eg : 10.104.1.12 (unix ip address ) the above ip box contains 4 db's eg : db... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
2 Replies
SCRIPT-EMAIL(8) 					  System Administration Commands					   SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)

NAME
script-email - Amanda script to send email notifications DESCRIPTION
script-email is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It sends a notification email to the addresses specified in the MAILTO property. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control script-email's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. MAILTO List of email addresses that will receive an email on command execution. It is a multi-valued property: property "MAILTO" "amanda@domain.com" "sysadmin@domain.com" "amandauser@domain.com" EXAMPLE
In this example, script-email is scheduled to be run before the DLE, on the server. The unqualified email address amanda will be passed to the email system unchanged. The script is then attached to a dumptype, which can then be specified for any DLEs which require notification. define script-tool pre-email { comment "email me before this DLE is backed up" plugin "script-email" execute-on pre-dle-backup execute-where server property "mailto" "amanda" } define dumptype user-tar-email { user-tar script "pre-email" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)