Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rdist from unix to window XP
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers rdist from unix to window XP Post 302208821 by lenniegu on Wednesday 25th of June 2008 04:17:25 AM
Old 06-25-2008
rdist from unix to window XP

I need to rdist some files from unix to window XP, where the source file is in Unix box. I can't get a way to do it as it always prompted me permission denied.

rdist -c migtest.tar <ipaddr>:/filedir/migtest.tar
updating host <ipaddr>
Permission denied.

I'd tried to ftp and put the file there, it work.

Anyone can help me out what's the problem ????

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Window and Chat for UNIX

Hi i am new to Unix and i was wondering if you could help me with 2 problems i have? Firstly i use Telnet to connect to my main server unix-shells.com and i want to know how i can use the "window" program? i understand how it works but i want to be able to easily make new windows and hide the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ditoa
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

UNIX & WINDOW

Is there any way that I could invoke a Win NT application in a UNIX environment? Needed to do this to direct the output of an Win NT application to a UNIX program, and then back again. Furthermore, because there's a large amount of processing to be done, it will be great if I could do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Norman N
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help with rdist utility

Does anyone know of any known bugs/issues with the RDIST utility on HP unix? I am trying to set up replication between two servers. All seems to work okay to start with, but the rdist program always terminates with a value of 1 - i.e. signifying an error. However - no error message or even warning... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: man_with_no_nam
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix window

i recently install redhat linux as a dual boot with win2000. after i log in my unix account. i tried to get window unix by typing startx or xinit. both gave me error. display message among other thing was something like fatal error. any help? thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bb00y
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

permissions with rdist

I am trying to synchronize to boxes running True64 Unix one as a live backup of the other for user directories. When running rdist, I receive the message "Permission Denied" when each directory is accessed with the sole exception of my own directory. This has to be an automated process which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: doug_hutch
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

From WinXP to Unix with X-window

Can anyone tell me if there is a possibility to connect WindowsXP to Unix by means of an X-Window? I want to do this graphical but I can't find a client with a reasonable pricetag on it. We now use WRQ Reflection to connect to a character-based programm on the unix box. But I would like to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwalda
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Where can I find rdist?

Hello, I am looking for either the rdist binaries or code for HPUX 11.11. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rfisher001
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Id from Window Login ID

Hello All, My Problem is -> How can we get UNIX id from open mail authentication (Windows ID) in UNIX. In following command we are using domain name, which may change in your reference. As, if we use following command. ypcat passwd | grep rohitp | cut -d: -f5 | cut -d, -f1 => we get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandey.rohit
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Rdist over ssh

How can we make rdist to work over ssh? By default rdist works with rsh protocol which is now the host server is refuses to accept the rsh connection. How to find rdist version which I am running? How to upgrade it to latest version? Working environment is solaris 9 and solaris 10. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveenjami
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies
WNPKGS(7)							     WordNettm								 WNPKGS(7)

NAME
wnpkgs - description of various WordNet system packages DESCRIPTION
WordNet 3.0 is distributed in several formats and in various packages. All of the packages are available via anonymous FTP from ftp.cogsci.princeton.edu and from the WordNet Web site at http://wordnet.princeton.edu. Packages Available Via FTP and WWW The following WordNet packages can be downloaded using a web browser from ftp://ftp.cogsci.princeton.edu/wordnet/3.0, or from the Web site noted above. Users can also FTP directly from ftp.cogsci.princeton.edu, directory wordnet/3.0. +----------------+---------------------+-----------+-------------------------------+ | Package | Filename | Platform | Description | +----------------+---------------------+-----------+-------------------------------+ |Database | WordNet-3.0.tar.gz | Unix/OS X | WordNet 3.0 database, inter- | | | | | faces, sense index, interface | | | | | and library source code, doc- | | | | | umentation. | |Database | WordNet-3.0.exe | Windows | WordNet 3.0 database, inter- | | | | | faces, sense index, interface | | | | | and library source code, doc- | | | | | umentation. | |Prolog Database | WNprolog-3.0.tar.gz | All | WordNet 3.0 database files in | | | | | Prolog-readable format, docu- | | | | | mentation. | |Sense Map | WNsnsmap-3.0.tar.gz | All | Mapping of 2.1 to 3.0 senses, | | | | | documentation. | +----------------+---------------------+-----------+-------------------------------+ Database Package The database package is a complete installation for WordNet 3.0 users. It includes the 3.0 database files, source code for the WordNet browsers and library, and documentation. The other packages are not included - they must be downloaded and installed separately. Note that with this version of WordNet for Unix platforms, only source code is provided. Users should carefully read the README and INSTALL files for detailed information on compiling WordNet and dependencies. Prolog Database Package The WordNet 3.0 database files are available in this package in a Prolog-readable format. Documentation describing the file format is included. This package is only downloadable in compressed tar file format, although once unpackaged it can be used from Windows systems since the files are in ASCII. Many Windows utilities, such as WinZip, can deal with a compressed tar file. Sense Map Package To help users automatically convert 2.1 noun and verb senses to their corresponding 3.0 senses, we provide sense mapping information in this package. This package contains files to map polysemous and monosemous words, and documentation that describes the format of these files. As with the Prolog database, this package is only downloadable in compressed tar format, but the files are also in ASCII. NOTES
The lexicographer files and grind(1) program are not generally distributed. All of the packages described above may not be available at the time of release of the 3.0 database package. SEE ALSO
wnintro(1), wnintro(3), wnintro(5), wnintro(7). WordNet 3.0 Dec 2006 WNPKGS(7)