Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Get the name of the file excluding the extension Post 302204948 by vinay123 on Friday 13th of June 2008 02:18:25 AM
Old 06-13-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogesh Sawant
check if this is what you want:
Code:
ls -1 test.txt | cut -d '.' -f1

Thanks a lot ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Excluding a file type from an archive

:confused: I'm trying to archive a site excluding all PDF files in order to keep the size down. I have manged to do this in the past using the exclude argument in the tar command and something along the lines of *.pdf. Unfortunately, I failed at the time to note the syntax that I used and have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stuart
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find excluding a directory and a file

Hi I have some 5 folders and two files in the current directory. I want to delete all, expect one folder(files in the folder too should not be deleted) and a file in the current directory. Lets say the folder and file that should not be deleted as 'a'(folder name) and 'b'(file name). Can you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ammu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excluding certain paras from a file

Hi, I have a log file which might have certain paragraphs. Switch not possible Error code 1234 Process number 678 Log not available Error code 567 Process number 874 ..... ...... ...... Now I create an exception file like this. cat text.exp Error code 1234 Process number 874 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushys
3 Replies

4. Solaris

how to find out the file's name excluding string?

Hello, Under one directory, I can use below command to find out the file names with string "Export terminated successfully without warnings" grep -i -l "Export terminated successfully without warnings" *.* My question is : how I find out the file names without including string "Export... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GreatJerry
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Excluding a file from tar...

The title is not as easy as it sounds.... I am trying to exclude and file while ssh and untaring the file on the fly. The command I am using is... The command typically works but recently I've add the X option along with the exclude file. Essentially, the exclude file is being ignored when run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lwif
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excluding file from tar

Hello i am using HP-UX rapdb2 B.11.23 U ia64 1068321383 unlimited-user license. I am tryiyng to exclude for tar all files that start with TOT* but i doues not work I am using: tar -cvf /ODS/prepaid/CDR_FLOW/WORK/backup.tar --exclude='TOT*' and i get the error: tar: cannot stat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file excluding XML in it

Hi , I have a file like below.I want all the content in a single line excluding the XML.How can i proceed? t=21 y=23 rg=xyz ..... <xmlstarts> . . <xmlends> lk=99 lo=09 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding new file, but excluding directory..

hi, I need to find files that have been created less than 3 days ago. However, I need to only search specific directories. I've searched about the net and found some useful commands such as : find . -type d -name 'dir_to_exclude' -prune -o -print -mtime -3 however I cannot get it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: horhif
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Rm * excluding one file

Hi All, I am trying to remove below file except the last one. With wild char It is removing all. Is there a way to exclude only one file and remove files: MM_6000_001 MM_6000_002 MM_6000_003 MM_6000_004 if I do rm * it is removing all. I want the exclude and remove others. any... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find file with extension and excluding directory

Hi, I have an inquiry on how do I use the find command in Solaris Unix to find some file ends with extension : txt, err in the root directory with modified date of 30days and this find command will also need to exclude b directory and its subdirectory. All the files from the above find criteria... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowfrost88
5 Replies
SCAPIN(1)						     CAO-VLSI Reference Manual							 SCAPIN(1)

NAME
scapin - Scan path insertion ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSIS
scapin [-VRB] [-P file] Input_name Path_name Output_name DESCRIPTION
SCAPIN is an automatic scan path generator for gate level netlists. SCAPIN inserts a scan path in the netlist Input_name and drives a new netlist Output_name. This scan path contains all registers specified in the file Path_name.path (see below for the exact syntax). SCAPIN adds also 3 new connectors in the netlist: scan_in, scan_out and scan_test in order to control the scan path. Eventually SCAPIN adds an output buffer before the output connector scan_out (option -B). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
MBK_WORK_LIB(1) indicates the path to the read/write directory for the session. MBK_IN_LO(1) indicates the input netlist file format. MBK_OUT_LO(1) indicates the output netlist file format. SCAPIN_PARAM_NAME indicates the location of a parameter file (with extention .scapin) containing the properties (ports name, models name etc ...) of all cells needed for the scan path insertion. (see below for the exact syntax) OPTIONS
-V Sets verbose mode on. Each step is displayed on the standard output. -R All registers of the scan path are replaced by an equivalent scannable register cell (called reg-mux). (With the default option a simple multiplexor is added just before all registers of the scan path). -B Adds an output buffer before the output connector scan_out. -P file Specifies a parameter file (with extention .scapin) containing the properties of all cells needed for the scan path insertion. (see below for the exact syntax) # Example of .scapin file BEGIN_MUX MUX_MODEL mx2_x2 MUX_SEL cmd MUX_INPUT_SEL i1 MUX_INPUT_NSEL i0 MUX_VDD vdd MUX_VSS vss MUX_OUTPUT q END_MUX BEGIN_REG REG_MODEL sff1_x4 REG_CLK ck REG_INPUT i REG_VDD vdd REG_VSS vss REG_OUTPUT q REG_MUX mx2_x2 REG_REG_MUX sff2_x4 END_REG BEGIN_REG_MUX REG_MUX_MODEL sff2_x4 REG_MUX_SEL cmd REG_MUX_INPUT_SEL i1 REG_MUX_INPUT_NSEL i0 REG_MUX_CLK ck REG_MUX_VDD vdd REG_MUX_VSS vss REG_MUX_OUTPUT q REG_MUX_MUX mx2_x2 REG_MUX_REG sff1_x4 END_REG_MUX BEGIN_BUF BUF_MODEL buf_x2 BUF_INPUT i BUF_VDD vdd BUF_VSS vss BUF_OUTPUT q END_BUF Path_name Specifies a parameter file (with extention .path) containing an ordered list of all instances (registers) of the scan path. It contains also the name of the 3 connectors scan_in, scan_out and scan_test. (see below for the exact syntax) # Example of .path file BEGIN_PATH_REG cs_0 cs_1 cs_2 END_PATH_REG BEGIN_CONNECTOR SCAN_IN scin SCAN_OUT scout SCAN_TEST test END_CONNECTOR SEE ALSO
MBK_IN_LO(1). MBK_OUT_LO(1). MBK_WORK_LIB(1). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 Juin 29, 2000 SCAPIN(1)