Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unix command to remove external SCSI harddrive Post 302199488 by tlee on Tuesday 27th of May 2008 03:40:00 AM
Old 05-27-2008
Thanks, will do. what is in the /dev entries?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you defragment you harddrive in unix (Madrake Linux 9.0)?

Subject says it all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pudad
3 Replies

2. Solaris

mounting an external scsi tape drive

hi- I just installed a quad gigaswift ethernet scsi card to my sunblade 150. I checked with the docs, and got all of the required drivers on the box. Now, I'm trying to mount an external scsi tape drive with no luck. I set the scsi address on the external drive to 0. Here's what I'm coming... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting an external SCSI drive to a unix computer

I am interested in booting up my unix computer by connecting an external SCSI drive( intergraph) to it. The unix box is also an intergraph computer. Whenever I boot it, it gives me an error that says Drive not ready, Insert Boot Diskette in A. What am I doing wrong? Any input would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: teruotor
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

External SCSI hard drive

Someone gave me a small external SCSI hard drive for my SunOS 5.8 test system. How do I make Unix see the hard drive? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
2 Replies

5. AIX

mirror external scsi to san

Hi, How do I mirror an external scsi vg to one hdisk san? The vg has multiple hdisks and the san hdisk has only one. Is this possible or do I need to create the same hdisks as the scsi? What I meant is, if the scsi vg has 10 hdisk then I need to create also 10 hdisk of san with the same... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Removable External SCSI Harddrive

Hi guys, I have a solaris 9 operating system on a sun solaris machine and one external removable scsi drive connected to it. When i type the following command this is what is displayed: #format AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c0t0d0 <DEFAULT cyl 17832 alt 2 hd 255 sec 63>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlee
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy MBR from old harddrive to new harddrive?

How do I copy the master boot record from one harddrive to another or how to install just the MBR? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I remove those duplicate sequence in UNIX?What command line I should type?

The input is: >HWI-EAS382_30FC7AAXX:4:1:1580:1465 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA >HWI-EAS382_30FC7AAXX:4:1:1062:1640 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA >HWI-EAS382_30FC7AAXX:4:1:272:629 AAAAAAAAGCTATAGTCTCGTCACACATACTCACAA >HWI-EAS382_30FC7AAXX:4:1:1033:1135... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick chia
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Connect an External SCSI Hard Drive to Ultra 80

Guys, I have googled and checked this forum in detail and couldn't find any satisfactory answers for my problem. I am trying to connect a external SCSI hard Drive(Sea Gate) to a Ultra 80. I connected it powered it up and at OK prompt did : boot -r system comes up and complains about not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajnabi
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove external urls from .html file

Hi everyone. I have an html file with lines like so: link href="localFolder/..."> link href="htp://..."> img src="localFolder/..."> img src="htp://..."> I want to remove the links with http in the href and imgs with http in its src. I'm having trouble removing them because there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CowCow339
4 Replies
mkdevmaps(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     mkdevmaps(1M)

NAME
mkdevmaps - make device_maps entries SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mkdevmaps DESCRIPTION
The mkdevmaps command writes to standard out a set of device_maps(4) entries describing the system's frame buffer, audio, and removable media devices. The mkdevmaps command is used by the init.d(4) scripts to create or update the /etc/security/device_maps file. Entries are generated based on the device special files found in /dev. For the different categories of devices, the mkdevmaps command checks for the following files under /dev: audio /dev/audio, /dev/audioctl, /dev/sound/... tape /dev/rst*, /dev/nrst*, /dev/rmt/... floppy /dev/diskette, /dev/fd*, /dev/rdiskette, /dev/rfd* removable disk /dev/dsk/c0t?d0s?, /dev/rdsk/c0t?d0s? frame buffer /dev/fb ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
allocate(1), bsmconv(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
mkdevmaps might not be supported in a future release of the Solaris operating system. SunOS 5.11 8 Oct 2003 mkdevmaps(1M)