Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Display Serial Number
Operating Systems Solaris Display Serial Number Post 302195966 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 16th of May 2008 09:38:35 AM
Old 05-16-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
Did not work for me....

Code:
sc> showplatform -v
SUNW,Sun-Fire-v240

Domain Status
------ ------
ins1   OS Stopped
sc>

and it won't work at all....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

serial number for E3500

just wanted to know the serial number of my machine E3500 with Solaris 8 installed.Does any one who what's the command that i can use when the OS is running?( not with the Banner Command!) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tape Serial Number

Hello Experts, I've got a shell script that makes the backup of the files that i want. I also have this script showing the amount of files backed up and in witch folders they are. It's only missing one thing. I got all the information beeing stored in a text file and all i've got to do is to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorge.ferreira
6 Replies

3. AIX

how to find serial number

hi how to find ( server machine )serial number throught the command in AIX thanks for your replay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chomca
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Serial number

Hi Solarizer ;) I have face the difficulties of gathering information about the serial number of sun machine. i think its can do so easy while the machine is just one or two. But i have to administrate hundreds of sun machine. Any body knows how to gather this information by the command ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpx99
4 Replies

5. Linux

Device serial number

Hey! I'm trying to figure out a sollution for a problem I have at my company with an Iomega MiniMax 500 GB USB disk. If i run cat /proc/bus/usb/devices I get this information: T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=04 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 5 Spd=480 MxCh= 0 D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Anyone know how to get Serial number with 1 command?

Solaris8 Anyone help? (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
27 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I use sed to return only the serial number here?

I'd appreciate the help and explaining "which each switch/command does. Thanks in advance. 1742@3min# ./fmtopo|grep serial hc://:product-id=SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500:server-id=c3admin:serial=130B58E3146/motherboard=0/cpu=0 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract hardware serial number

Dear community, I'm on RHEL 5. Is there a way to extract CPU S/N, or other hardware S/N from bash? My goal will be create a license file based on that hardware S/N, and make the script executable only on a specific machine! So any other hardware related advices are welcome! Thanks Lucas (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help about bind serial number

Hello folks. Please let me understand the bind serial number. I am confuse. 13011321 ---------- Post updated at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:55 AM ---------- Thanks problem is solved. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies
cvcd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  cvcd(1M)

NAME
cvcd - virtual console daemon SYNOPSIS
/platform/platform_name/cvcd [-a auth] [-e encr] [-u esp_auth] DESCRIPTION
The virtual console daemon, cvcd, is a server process that supports the network console provided on some platforms. The cvcd daemon accepts network console connections from a remote host (only one host at any given time). Console input is read from this connection and forwarded to cvc(7D) by way of cvcredir(7D). Similarly, console output is read from cvcredir(7D) and forwarded across the network console connection. If cvcd dies, console traffic is automatically rerouted through an internal hardware interface. The cvcd daemon normally starts at system boot time. Each domain supports only one cvcd process at a time. Caution - On Sun Enterprise 10000 domains, cvcd uses a configuration file (/etc/ssphostname) to determine the name of the host from which network console connections are allowed. If the remote console host is renamed, you must edit the configuration file to reflect that change. The cvcd daemon supports per-socket IP Security Architecture (IPsec) through the options described below. See ipsec(7P). OPTIONS
The cvcd daemon supports the options listed below. -a auth Controls the IPsec Authentication Header (AH) algorithm. auth can be one of none, md5, or sha1. -e encr Controls the IPsec Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) encryption algorithm. encr can be one of none, des, or 3des. -u esp_auth Controls the IPsec Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) authentication algorithm. esp_auth can be one of none, md5, or sha1. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: platform_name The official Sun platform name used in packaging and code. For example, for Sun Fire 15K servers, the platform_name would be SUNW,Sun-Fire-15000. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Setting an IPSec Option The command below sets the value of the IPsec Authentication Header algorithm to md5. As a result of this command, cvcd will use the HMAC- MD5 authentication algorithm. # svccfg -s svc:/system/cvc setprop cvc/ah_auth = "md5" # svccfg -s svc:/system/cvc setprop cvc/esp_encr = "none" # svccfg -s svc:/system/cvc setprop cvc/esp_auth = "none" # svcadm refresh svc:/system/cvc ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |Sun Enterprise 10000 | | |servers, Sun Fire High-End | | |Systems | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcvc.u | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), svcadm(1M), svccfg(1M), services(4), attributes(5), smf(5), cvc(7D), cvcredir(7D), ipsec(7P) Sun Enterprise 10000 SSP Reference Manual System Management Services (SMS) Reference Manual NOTES
The cvcd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the fault management resource identifier (FMRI): svc:/system/cvc Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M) or svc- cfg(1M). The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.11 9 Mar 2006 cvcd(1M)