Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to do a silent installation on linux Post 302193458 by eamani_sun on Friday 9th of May 2008 09:52:17 AM
Old 05-09-2008
How to do a silent installation on linux

Hi,

I am trying to do a silent installation of a JDk on a linux machine. Can anyone give me a command that would do it for me.

Thanx
Sundeep

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

silent telnet

I have been using the following code for sending out an email from a AIX UNIX platform. cat filename | telnet mailhost 25 >/dev/null Time to time I get a message loopback: A specified file does not support the ioctl system call. Can anyone tell me what this means? I need this function... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cgardiner
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

linux installation

for installing fc4 , or even ubuntu , i got this problem after booting from vmlinuz and initrd (from both cd and ftp) display i got was very scattered. I was not able to make out from that display. ( it was a default display of blue window and black background). I have debian already installed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

SFTP silent login

Hi, I am connecting via SFTP to a remote Server. My problem is on trying to LOGin, I am asked for a password. I need to make this process automatic such that I can login without being prompted for a password. I can achieve this if the remote server has a simple FTP server and not SFTP. How... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgaucho
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux installation

Hi, Well I am installing Enterprise Linux 3.0 version, using CD... but what my doubt is , is there any possibility for me, to copy the contents of all the cd and have it in a folder like disk1,disk2,disk3 and disk4... while switching on the server, it will ask for the boot mode, like, CD... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Silent package installation swinstall swask

Hi, I have a question and hoping that someone might already know. I'm trying to do a silent installation on a packages. I generate a set of response files manually. # swask -s /package.depot -c response_files \* I'm able to install the package silently without any issues if I install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mendocino
0 Replies

6. Linux

Wine in silent mode

I want to run through wine the utorrent and I don't want the messages that are usually displayed in the console, so I use the following command wine utorrent.exe > /dev/null & but it doesn't seem to work. Especially the redirection of the messages to the /dev/null doesn't work at all. Do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: myle
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Silent Background Process

I run a background process using '&'. (see example below) How can I suppress the '&' messages that are written to my console?? (lines 2 and 5) Current Output... 1 > ak@LATU ~> ls & 2 > 4000 3 > ak@LATU ~> 4 > apps/ dl/ gems/ todo/ tst/ util/ 5 > + Done ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andy210
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

New Linux installation

Hello, I am planning to install Linux on my laptop. I will be using it for mailing testing as well as scripting. Basically I want to hand on with Linux to be used as File and Mail Server. Please advise suitable Linux distribution. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
3 Replies

9. Linux

Linux Installation

I have Lenovo laptop with vista pre installed. I am planning to install linux . can u suggest/advice which linux operating system is better for my laptop. i am installing linux mainly for technical use. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

silent Input in PERL

Hello Experts, I am learning perl. I know ksh/bash/csh... In ksh I use to do this way... to read user input in silent mode so that nothing returns on the screen. stty -echo read -r pswd stty echo Please let me know the way in perl how to do it. Here are my OS and Perl Details... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: explorer007
3 Replies
UUID_COMPARE(3) 						    Libuuid API 						   UUID_COMPARE(3)

NAME
uuid_compare - compare whether two UUIDs are the same SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid.h> int uuid_compare(uuid_t uu1, uuid_t uu2) DESCRIPTION
The uuid_compare function compares the two supplied uuid variables uu1 and uu2 to each other. RETURN VALUE
Returns an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero if uu1 is found, respectively, to be lexicographically less than, equal, or greater than uu2. AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuid_clear(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID_COMPARE(3)