Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux i need help on installing some drivers Post 302192690 by abu_malek on Wednesday 7th of May 2008 04:15:11 PM
Old 05-07-2008
i need help on installing some drivers

hello everyone
i am a windows user and now im migrating to unix systems, i installed openSUSE linux on my system and i need help on installing the driver for a wireless USB adapter (TP-Link )and the driver for the graphic Card (geforce 5500).

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Error while installing NIC drivers

After seeing that http://sol-enet.sourceforge.net/support.shtml had drivers for my NIC, I decided to download them on my windows machine so I could burn them to a CD and install them on my old gateway so I could try to get it on the internet. While following the instructions with the drivers, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtremepancakez
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Drivers

Hi guys, Im totally new to solaris 10, I've just installed it & it works fine However, I get no sound when playing cds. Am wondering where I get the solaris 10 drivers for my soundblaster live from and how to install them? Thx in advance. Frizz (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frizz
0 Replies

3. AIX

Drivers

I seem to be having a driver issue installing a PCI SCSI card. Any ideas where I can track these down.. I can't seem to find them on the OS install disk. I'm using AIX 5.3. cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eth0
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

drivers unix 5.01 is compatible with drivers epson fx-2190

Please, I'm From Argentina, And I Need To Know If The Drivers Of Program Unix, Version 5.01 Is Compatible Whit Drivers Of The Printer Epson Fx-2190 Thanks, And I Hope Yuor Answer. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juan alberghina
0 Replies

5. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Drivers not get detected while installing Solaris on Hp server

I m having server with a mode; HP Proliant DL380 G5. Having 8 disks 148Gb each, as i m going for solaris 10 installtion it gives error Disk not found. Its not detecting Drivers. Kindly tell me how to for the driver detection. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunray
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Installing Generic Ascii Drivers For Line Matrix Printer

Hi, Does anybody have any idea as to how to setup a printer using a generic ascii driver? We have a Tally T6100 line matrix printer which is on our network and works fine in a Windows environment. We are trying to move this printer to Oracle Linux. I've contacted Tally as well as Printronix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethnsolomons
0 Replies
URTW(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   URTW(4)

NAME
urtw -- Realtek RTL8187B/L USB IEEE 802.11b/g wireless network device SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: urtw* at uhub? port ? DESCRIPTION
The urtw driver supports USB 802.11b/g wireless adapters based on the Realtek RTL8187B/L. urtw supports station and monitor mode operation. Only one virtual interface may be configured at any time. For more information on config- uring this device, see ifconfig(8). HARDWARE
The urtw driver supports Realtek RTL8187B/L based wireless network devices, including: Card Radio Bus Belkin F5D7050E RTL8225 USB Linksys WUSB54GCv2 RTL8225 USB Netgear WG111v2 RTL8225 USB Netgear WG111v3 RTL8225 USB Safehome WLG-1500SMA5 RTL8225 USB Shuttle XPC Accessory PN20 RTL8225 USB Sitecom WL168v1 RTL8225 USB Sitecom WL168v4 RTL8225 USB SureCom EP-9001-g(2A) RTL8225 USB TRENDnet TEW-424UB V3.xR RTL8225 USB EXAMPLES
ifconfig.if(5) example configures urtw0 to join whatever network is available on boot, using WEP key ``0x1deadbeef1'', channel 11, obtaining an IP address using DHCP: nwkey 0x1deadbeef1 chan 11 dhcp Configure urtw0 to join network ``my_net'' using WPA with passphrase ``my_passphrase'': # ifconfig urtw0 nwid my_net wpakey my_passphrase Join an existing BSS network, ``my_net'': # ifconfig urtw0 192.168.1.1 netmask 0xffffff00 nwid my_net SEE ALSO
arp(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig.if(5), wpa_supplicant.conf(5), ifconfig(8), wpa_supplicant(8) Realtek, http://www.realtek.com.tw. HISTORY
The urtw device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 8.0. AUTHORS
The urtw driver was written by Weongyo Jeong <weongyo@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
October 17, 2009 BSD