Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to burn a bootable DVD on aix 5.3? Post 302182890 by rainbow_bean on Monday 7th of April 2008 04:59:09 PM
Old 04-07-2008
Can I use this:

System Backup Manager

Move cursor to desired item and press Enter.

Back Up the System
List Files in a System Image
Restore Files in a System Image

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to burn a CD/DVD in solaris8 environment

Hi, Boss Now i update my Ultra 10 with a DVD-R/W. but i do not know how to burn a date DVD or a self-Run iso date. any body can give me some advice? like which burner or software can be used in my system?:o BTW,my O/S is Solaris 8 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: surainbow
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Getting NFSv4 prompt when installing bootable DVD

Hi, I've created a bootable DVD which works fine for earlier versions of Solaris 10 (6/06) and Solaris 9. But now i've moved to Solaris 10 8/07 and I am getting the NFSv4 prompt at login. Initially i thought i could surpress this by adding the line nfs4_domain=dynamic to my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: declanryan
0 Replies

3. Solaris

bootable X86 dvd and flash archives

I have created a bootable DVD for X86 using a flash archive, the problem is that I have to specify the location at the beginning of the install. I have edited the any_machine profile under ./jumpstart_sample to contain the following install_type flash_install archive_location ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to burn DVD on the fly?

Hi folks, One DVD Writer installed on PC To duplicate Data DVD or DVD Installer I run following steps; 1) $ dd if=/dev/dvd of=image.iso bs=2048 to create an ISO image 2) Remove the DVD disc on the tray and insert a blank DVD disc for burning. Then run; (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Help me, please! Solaris 10 hands-off installation from a bootable DVD

Hello, I have a problem with installing the Solaris 10 using a bootable DVD with a flar archive. I want this installation to be totally hands-off, but unfortunately after I run this boot command at the ok prompt: ok boot cdrom - install ... the system is rebooted and the interactive... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Przemek
5 Replies

6. Linux

Creating a bootable dvd/cd disk

Hi all, thanks for so many helps in many problems! Can anyone guide, how to create a bootable cd/dvd from downloaded iso images of CentOS 5? I have collected all the iso in a dvd but it is not booting the system. Any response will be appreciable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Map EFI Internal Bootable DVD

Hi, I try to get hands on my new RX2600 HP Servers. For the cold installation of the HP-UX OS the mapping to the Internal Bootable DVD is gone in the EFI Shell. ON one of my two HP RX2600 Servers the entry stays there: EFI Boot Manager ver 1.10 Firmware ver 2.31 Please select a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdohn
2 Replies

8. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies
mkcd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  mkcd(1M)

NAME
mkcd - create bootable Solaris ISO image SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/mkcd -v [-l label] media-root iso DESCRIPTION
The mkcd utility takes media-root (the root of an on-disk Solaris install media) as input and creates a bootable Solaris ISO image in the file iso, using mkisofs(8). The file can then be burned onto a CD/DVD with utilities such as cdrw(1) or cdrecord(1). (Neither mkisofs(8) nor cdrecord(1) are SunOS man pages.) Caution - The directory tree media-root must contain the file boot/grub/stage2_eltorito, which will be written to the media boot sectors. This file will be modified with some boot information, thus it must be writable. If necessary, first save a copy prior to running this utility. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -l label Sets label as the label/volume name of the ISO image. -v Verbose. Multiple -v options increase verbosity. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: media-root Top-level directory of an on-disk Solaris install media. iso Name of the output file which will contain the resulting ISO image. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Creating an ISO Image and Burning a CD/DVD The following commands create an ISO image from the content of s10u1 and burn the image to a CD/DVD. # /usr/bin/mkcd s10u1 s10u1.iso # /usr/bin/cdrw -i s10u1.iso ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cdrw(1), attributes(5) mkisofs(8), (/usr/share/man/man8/mkisofs.8), in the SUNWfsman package (not a SunOS man page) SunOS 5.11 25 Jul 2008 mkcd(1M)