Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux troublesooting commands/files Post 302182590 by melanie_pfefer on Monday 7th of April 2008 04:20:15 AM
Old 04-07-2008
troublesooting commands/files

hello,

A connection to a remote server is lost frequently.

what files should I check for any hardware or network problems?

how to check what NIC card is active? how to check if any NIC card has/had problems?

I am using RHEL4.

thx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

list files commands

hi all scripting gurus, need some guide and advise from you. i'm trying to list all the files in the year 2004 and the file format is something like this: 11176MZ00004JV900004JVB00004JVCcDBU20041206.txt try to use the symbol ^ but somehow it does not help. i try this as well: ls -ltr |... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Do mv and cp commands lock files in different ways

We have two processes, one which copies a control file into a folder and another which is polling this folder and reading the control files. Sometimes they clash and the reader fails because the copy is still happening. We have been told that we should change the copy to a move because the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbarnes
1 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Given commands were created as 0 byte files

I were checking few processes running and check what at the files currently I have in my home directory by giving below commands $ ps -ef|grep sleep $ ls -lt | pg after awhile the first column of my commands were created as files given below... -rw-rw-rw- 1 prd 0 Mar 25 09:42 ls... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dateez
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk commands on files

I want to create an awk script that performs different things on different files. For example, for files with extension .ry I might do something, but for .xt I do something else, and another things on .zc files. How can I do this in one awk script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix commands related to ftp of files..

Hi, I am new to unix , I was planning to write a script that will FTP files to destination folder. , Please guide me what are the various networking commands that unix will help in this ftp process..?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul125
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to test commands in files?

Hi. I'm new here, and I'm trying to enter this big world of unix. I would like to know how can I install a SSH server for free so I can teste some things, like make a file, change files, rename and things like this? If is there any easy way to test all commands it would be interesting too. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: whity
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using array commands in 2 files in the same time

Hi bodies. You think is it possible to make arrays from 2 different files in a same time and then for example compare the values in these 2 arrays or any other instruction for example, I have: 38558 29 31 38557 28 31 38556 23 31 38555 08 31 38554 08 28 38553 21... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files and execute commands on these files (advanced)

So, I need to find a bunch of files and delete them (this example, but sometimes I need it for something else) and my trusty go-to command has always been: find . -type f -name '*file*' | xargs -I## rm '##' Works wonders... But: touch file\ file\'.txt touch file.txt touch file\ file.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Glaurung
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put variables commands in config files?

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to put in variables all the commands in /bin config files: /home/test/config_file/config.cfg cat /home/test/config_file/config.cfg ECHO=/bin/echo LS=/bin/lsMain script cat test.sh source=/home/test/config_file/config.cfg ECHO=$ECHO LS=$LS#i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script /commands to get all the files count

Hello All, I would need to write a shell script to find the files generation count for the given day and the folder.Presently I am using (ls -ltr *filename* | grep "Feb 19" | wc -l ) from each folder and getting the counts.I would like to create a script which will get the counts under the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravish383
3 Replies
AN(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     AN(4)

NAME
an -- Aironet 4500/4800 and Cisco 340/350 series wireless network driver SYNOPSIS
an* at pcmcia? function ? an* at pci? dev ? function ? an* at isapnp? DESCRIPTION
The an driver provides support for Aironet Communications 4500/4800 and Cisco Aironet 340/350 series wireless network adapters. This includes the ISA, PCI and PCMCIA varieties. The 4500 series adapters operate at 1 and 2Mbps while the 4800 series and 340/350 series can operate at 1, 2, 5.5 and 11Mbps. The ISA, PCI and PCMCIA devices are all based on the same core PCMCIA modules and all have the same pro- gramming interface, however unlike the Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE cards, the ISA and PCI cards appear to the host as normal ISA and PCI devices and do not require any PCMCIA support. The PCMCIA Aironet cards require PCMCIA support. ISA cards can either be configured to use ISA Plug and Play or to use a particular I/O address and IRQ by properly setting the DIP switches on the board. (The default switch setting is for plug and play.) The an driver has Plug and Play support and will work in either configuration, however when using a hard-wired I/O address and IRQ, the driver configuration and the NIC's switch settings must agree. PCI cards require no switch settings of any kind and will be automatically probed and attached. All host/device interaction with the Aironet cards is via programmed I/O. The Aironet devices support 802.11 and 802.3 frames, power manage- ment, BSS (infrastructure) and IBSS (ad-hoc) operation modes. The an driver encapsulates all IP and ARP traffic as 802.11 frames, however it can receive either 802.11 or 802.3 frames. Transmit speed is selectable between 1Mbps, 2Mbps, 5.5Mbps, 11Mbps, or ``auto'' (the NIC automat- ically chooses the best speed). By default, the an driver configures the Aironet card to join an access point with an SSID of null string. For ad-hoc mode, in which sta- tions can communicate among each other without the aid of an access point, the driver must be set using ifconfig(8). For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8) and ifmedia(4). HARDWARE
Cards supported by the an driver include: Aironet 4500 Series Aironet 4800 Series Cisco Aironet 340 Series Cisco Aironet 350 Series DIAGNOSTICS
an%d: init failed The Aironet card failed to come ready after an initialization command was issued. an%d: failed to allocate %d bytes on NIC The driver was unable to allocate memory for transmit frames in the NIC's on-board RAM. an%d: device timeout The Aironet card failed to generate an interrupt to acknowledge a transmit command. SEE ALSO
arp(4), ifmedia(4), netintro(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The an device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.0, and then in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The an driver was written by Bill Paul <wpaul@ee.columbia.edu>. BSD
December 13, 2000 BSD