Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) interactive shell script to create users 10.4 Post 302179397 by verno on Thursday 27th of March 2008 03:35:17 PM
Old 03-27-2008
For creating a regular user account from the command line interactively, try: Create & delete user accounts from the command line on Mac OS X

Cheers,
verno

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell scripts to create 100 users

Hello i need a shell script to create 100 users i am running hp-ux......... startegy is something like this craete a shell script !/bin/ksh counter=1 while do { useradd usr$counter passwd usr$counter # here begins my problem when i say passwd usr$counter #it again prompts... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to create users on many servers

Hi all, working on script to create a user acct on all our servers. for i in `cat $host_file`; do ssh $i /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/mkuser id='bpadm' gecos='NetBackup Admin' 2>&1 >> $log done error i get is: 3004-692 Error changing "id" to "bpadm" : Value is invalid. I have tried this in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnidiffer
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell interactive script

Hi, How can I prompt a user for two input and pass the input to variables in the script. I have the following script but it is not working: +++++++++Begin+++++++++++ #!/bin/sh database_c=$1 output_f=$2 echo "Your db is $1\nOutput is $2" +++++++++End+++++++++++ Thanks, Leonard (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leonard905
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule an interactive shell script

Hi, I need to schedule a shell script which executes another shell script along with a series of other commands. When the inner shell script is executed it prompts for a password..... This inner shell cannot be changed How can I do this???? Regards, Chaitrali. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chaitrali
4 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Interactive / Non Interactive Shell script

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rits
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use expect to run an interactive shell script?

Hi all, I have a bit of a vexing issue here and I'm not certain how best to go about it. Basically, I want to run a shell script and automate the user prompt of hitting 1 to fully uninstall Symantec Anti-Virus for OS X. Would expect be the best way to do this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prometheon123
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script using an interactive command

Hello experts, I have a to write script for monitoring, the script would use a command and I plan to write the script as follows while true do command -arg sleep 2 clear done The output would be set up on a screen for monitoring. However the issue is that the command used in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to write automated interactive shell script?

Hello everyone, I just want to write a shell script for automatic feeding the username and password prompts when running my commands, I tried this one but it did not work. Please help me for any way out. #!/bin/bash #!/usr/bin/expect cd ~/workspace/mimosanetworks_mimosa-nms ls -ltr ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy-sm
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to filter users and create them again from a back-up server

This is a script to filter the users out of etc/passwd and etc/group. So if you want to migrate of restore a server you can use this script from a backup to restore and make the same users on you had.. Please feedback and comments. #!/bin/bash prompt_list () { # haal uit de argumenten de... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannyvdberg
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problems executing an interactive shell script

I am new to Unix shell and to this forum. I am having some trouble executing an interactive shell script that I have written using Mac TextEdit that takes a user input via terminal of a file type (jpg or gif) and then activates a script that will iterate through a folder of unsorted file types... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Braveheart
4 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)