Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting The value of "Enter" key in UNIX Post 302170673 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 26th of February 2008 10:05:25 AM
Old 02-26-2008
a newline character =\n

However this does not make much sense. What are you trying to do exactly? (not how you think it should be done)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands on Digital Unix equivalent to for "top" and "sar" on other Unix flavour

Hi, We have a DEC Alpha 4100 Server with OSF1 Digital Unix 4.0. Can any one tell me, if there are any commands on this Unix which are equivalent to "top" and "sar" on HP-UX or Sun Solaris ? I am particularly interested in knowing the CPU Load, what process is running on which CPU, etc. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sameerdes
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pressing "Enter/Space bar" using Net::TELNET? in Perl

I'm trying to learn how to get my script to execute the enter button when it telnets into a router and the router displays output but you need to press the space bar or enter button to continue displaying my output of the router. How is this done? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xmaverick
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Join" or "Merge" more than 2 files into single output based on common key (column)

Hi All, I have working (Perl) code to combine 2 input files into a single output file using the join function that works to a point, but has the following limitations: 1. I am restrained to 2 input files only. 2. Only the "matched" fields are written out to the "matched" output file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katabatic
1 Replies

4. Web Development

How to make "enter" work in HTML syntax

I have one syntax to find something from desktop on server, the script is as below, I actually speaking don't know anything in this script. It creates a window, where i get a drop down boxes with folder names given below and a blank box where i have to put the folder name to search. and then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patilrakesh1984
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make scipt except from "Y","y" and "yes" to take [Enter] as being "yes"

This is the script: #!/bin/sh if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/WallpaperChanger; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/bin/wallch; fi; if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/applications/wallch.desktop; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/doc/wallch; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/man/man1/wallch.1.gz; fi echo "Delete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token `"Hit <ENTER> to continue:"'

the below code will search attr string inside makefile under the modelno on given path. echo "Enter model no for searching string inside makefile" read inputs2 #find /pools/home_unix/sapte/work/models/model/$inputs2 -name "makefile" | xargs grep "attr" \; #;;I am getting below error.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lathigara
7 Replies

9. AIX

Have to click "enter" key twice to successfully login

Hi Guys, When using plink ( plink -ssh $IP) to connect to an AIX box, the password is correct, but always after input the password and click enter I got "access denied", then I am promted for password again, this time no matter what password I give, correct or bad, after I re-click enter, as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kensview
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that automatically issue "yes" and press enter

Team, Got a thousand servers. I created a script to say hello on every server. But is there a script or whatever that will issue a yes on every key checking. for i in `cat myserverlist` do echo $i ssh-copy-id $i done The authenticity of host 'server1 (162.162.0.10)' can't be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
7 Replies
scsi_sense_key(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					scsi_sense_key(9F)

NAME
scsi_sense_key, scsi_sense_asc, scsi_sense_ascq - retrieve fields from SCSI sense data SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> uint8_t scsi_sense_key(uint8_t *sense_buffer); uint8_t scsi_sense_asc(uint8_t *sense_buffer); uint8_t scsi_sense_ascq(uint8_t *sense_buffer); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
sense_buffer Pointer to a buffer containing SCSI sense data. The sense data is expected in wire format starting at the response code. It can be in either fixed or descriptor format. DESCRIPTION
The scsi_sense_key() function returns the sense key value from the sense data contained in the sense_buffer. The scsi_sense_asc() function returns the additional sense code (ASC) value from the sense data contained in the sense_buffer. The scsi_sense_ascq() function returns the additional sense code qualifier (ASCQ) value from the sense data contained in the sense_buffer. The scsi_sense_key(), scsi_sense_asc(), and scsi_sense_ascq() functions are used to retrieve values from SCSI sense data, regardles of whether the sense data is in fixed format or descriptor format. Drivers should use scsi_validate_sense(9F) to ensure that valid sense key, asc, and ascq values are present in the sense data. RETURN VALUES
The scsi_sense_key() function returns the sense key value from the sense buffer. The scsi_sense_asc() function returns the additional sense code (ASC) from the sense buffer and the scsi_sense_ascq() function returns the additional sense code qualifier (ASCQ) from the sense buf- fer. CONTEXT
The scsi_sense_key(), scsi_sense_asc(), and scsi_sense_ascq() functions can be called from user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
scsi_ext_sense_fields(9F), scsi_find_sense_descr(9F), scsi_sense_cmdspecific_uint64(9F), scsi_sense_info_uint64(9F), scsi_vali- date_sense(9F) SunOS 5.11 28 Jun 2006 scsi_sense_key(9F)