Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting The value of "Enter" key in UNIX Post 302170673 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 26th of February 2008 10:05:25 AM
Old 02-26-2008
a newline character =\n

However this does not make much sense. What are you trying to do exactly? (not how you think it should be done)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands on Digital Unix equivalent to for "top" and "sar" on other Unix flavour

Hi, We have a DEC Alpha 4100 Server with OSF1 Digital Unix 4.0. Can any one tell me, if there are any commands on this Unix which are equivalent to "top" and "sar" on HP-UX or Sun Solaris ? I am particularly interested in knowing the CPU Load, what process is running on which CPU, etc. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sameerdes
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pressing "Enter/Space bar" using Net::TELNET? in Perl

I'm trying to learn how to get my script to execute the enter button when it telnets into a router and the router displays output but you need to press the space bar or enter button to continue displaying my output of the router. How is this done? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xmaverick
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Join" or "Merge" more than 2 files into single output based on common key (column)

Hi All, I have working (Perl) code to combine 2 input files into a single output file using the join function that works to a point, but has the following limitations: 1. I am restrained to 2 input files only. 2. Only the "matched" fields are written out to the "matched" output file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katabatic
1 Replies

4. Web Development

How to make "enter" work in HTML syntax

I have one syntax to find something from desktop on server, the script is as below, I actually speaking don't know anything in this script. It creates a window, where i get a drop down boxes with folder names given below and a blank box where i have to put the folder name to search. and then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patilrakesh1984
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make scipt except from "Y","y" and "yes" to take [Enter] as being "yes"

This is the script: #!/bin/sh if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/WallpaperChanger; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/bin/wallch; fi; if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/applications/wallch.desktop; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/doc/wallch; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/man/man1/wallch.1.gz; fi echo "Delete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token `"Hit <ENTER> to continue:"'

the below code will search attr string inside makefile under the modelno on given path. echo "Enter model no for searching string inside makefile" read inputs2 #find /pools/home_unix/sapte/work/models/model/$inputs2 -name "makefile" | xargs grep "attr" \; #;;I am getting below error.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lathigara
7 Replies

9. AIX

Have to click "enter" key twice to successfully login

Hi Guys, When using plink ( plink -ssh $IP) to connect to an AIX box, the password is correct, but always after input the password and click enter I got "access denied", then I am promted for password again, this time no matter what password I give, correct or bad, after I re-click enter, as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kensview
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that automatically issue "yes" and press enter

Team, Got a thousand servers. I created a script to say hello on every server. But is there a script or whatever that will issue a yes on every key checking. for i in `cat myserverlist` do echo $i ssh-copy-id $i done The authenticity of host 'server1 (162.162.0.10)' can't be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
7 Replies
keyboard_translatekeys(3)					Svgalib User Manual					 keyboard_translatekeys(3)

NAME
keyboard_translatekeys - modify scancode mappings in raw keyboard mode SYNOPSIS
#include <vgakeyboard.h> void keyboard_translatekeys(int mask); DESCRIPTION
This function sets several flags which control how certain scancodes are mapped. At startup a mask value of 0 is active. mask must be a logical or of zero or more of the following #predefined integers to turn the features listed on: TRANSLATE_CURSORKEYS Translate the scancodes of the SCANCODE_CURSORBLOCK* keys to those of the cursor keys on the number pad, s.t. keyboard_getstate(3) and keyboard_keypressed(3) report a keypress of the corresponding number pad cursor key and not the one on the cursor block. TRANSLATE_DIAGONAL Translates the scancodes of diagonal cursor keys (keypad 7, 9, 1, 3) to presses of two of the ordinary up, down, left, right keys. For example, instead of reporting a press of SCANCODE_CURSORUPRIGHT keyboard_getstate(3) and keyboard_keypressed(3) report a simul- taneous press of SCANCODE_CURSORUP and SCANCODE_CURSORRIGHT. TRANSLATE_KEYPADENTER The scancode of the keypad enter key is mapped to that of the ordinary enter key, s.t. keyboard_getstate(3) and keyboard_key- pressed(3) report a press of SCANCODE_ENTER regardless if keypad enter or ordinary enter is pressed. DONT_CATCH_CTRLC Pressing <Ctrl>-C does not raise a SIGINT. On contrary to the other flags this has also effect when a user defined keyboard event handler is used. Svgalib will always process <Alt>-F1 - <Alt>-F10 and perform console switches accordingly. BUGS
The TRANSLATE_* options above do really do simple scancode translations. For example, when TRANSLATE_KEYPADENTER is active and the user presses both enter and keypad enter. Then, if he releases one of them (say keypad enter), it's release event will clear the common keyboard state, s.t. no keypress is reported even though enter is still pressed. Similarly, if TRANSLATE_DIAGONAL is active, the user holds cursor upleft (keypad 7) down and then presses and release cursor up (keypad 8), svgalib will only report a pressed cursor left but the simulated cursor up will be lost. You can easily try this with the keytest(6) demo to make the effect more clear to you. SEE ALSO
svgalib(7), vgagl(7), libvga.config(5), keytest(6), eventtest(6), keyboard_seteventhandler(3), keyboard_init(3), key- board_init_return_fd(3), keyboard_close(3), keyboard_update(3), keyboard_waitforupdate(3), keyboard_setdefaulteventhandler(3), key- board_getstate(3), keyboard_clearstate(3), keyboard_keypressed(3), vga_waitevent(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was edited by Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de>. The exact source of the referenced function as well as of the original documentation is unknown. It is very likely that both are at least to some extent are due to Harm Hanemaayer <H.Hanemaayer@inter.nl.net>. Occasionally this might be wrong. I hereby asked to be excused by the original author and will happily accept any additions or corrections to this first version of the svgalib manual. Svgalib (>;= 1.2.11) 29 July 1997 keyboard_translatekeys(3)