Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers "include" directory is not there Post 302154783 by Katkota on Tuesday 1st of January 2008 10:22:31 PM
Old 01-01-2008
I will do that,thanks for the pointer, but am i doing any thing wrong caused the "include" directory from being created?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to include RETURN KEY with Background process "&" in Shell Script

Hello All, I am a newbie in Shell script programming, and maybe you can help me with my query. I need to write a shell script (mntServer.ksh) that will start a background process and also to be able to run another script. The mntServer.ksh script contains: #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: racbern
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than "x" if directory size is greater than "y"

I wrote a script to delete files which are older than "x" days, if the size of the directory is greater than "y" #!/bin/bash du -hs $1 while read SIZE ENTRY do if ; then find $1 -mtime +$2 -exec rm -f {} \; echo "Files older than $2 days deleted" else echo "free Space available"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesCarter
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl file, one line code include "length, rindex, substr", slow

Hi Everyone, # cat a.txt a;b;c;64O a;b;c;d;ee;f # cat a.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my $tmp3 = ",,a,,b,,c,,d,,e,,f,,"; open(my $FA, "a.txt") or die "$!"; while(<$FA>) { chomp; my @tmp=split(/\;/, $_); if ( ($tmp =~ m/^(64O)/i) || ($tmp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file names and select correct elements to include in "for each loop"

Hi everyone, I`ll try to be most clear I can explaining my help request. I have 2 folders Folder A-->This folder receives files through FTP constantly Folder B-->The files from Folder A are unzipped and then processed in Folder B Sometimes Folder A doesn`t contain all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mv command to include files beginning with "." (like .htaccess)

Hi, how can I get the mv command to include files beginning with . (such as .htaccess)? Right now when I mv a directory the .htaccess file is missing and I need to do this on a lot of directories, so there's a lot of wordpress permalinks that don't work anymore because the .htaccess file wasn't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK "make a new column that include increasing numbers"

please help!!!!!! I have a file .txt that has only one column like that: 34.1 35.5 35.6 45.6 ... Now, i want to add a column in the left in which the values of this column increase by 0.4 , for example: 0.0 34.1 0.4 35.5 0.8 35.6 1.2 45.6 How can i do with awk instructions??? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tienete
2 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Accidentally Changed File Ownership to Include a "Comment" [AIX]

Hi. I've had a little mishap. To cut a long story short, I've accidentally recursively ran chown on a directory (actually a bunch of 'em). Not a problem in itself, but I had a slight error in the code I used to get the list of directories and ended up with a comment in the file ownership. ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
patchmedia(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    patchmedia(1M)

NAME
patchmedia - modify Solaris media with patches and packages SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/patchmedia -d media-root [-v] [-o iso] [-l label] pkg_or_patch [pkg_or_patch ...] DESCRIPTION
The patchmedia utility takes a list of patches and packages as input and updates the install miniroot in media-root (the root directory of an on-disk image of a Solaris installation media) to include the specified patches and packages. These patches and packages are also placed in a subdirectory called DU under the Solaris install image. For example: media-root/Solaris_10/DU When booting a system from the updated media, the patches and packages will be part of the booted Solaris image. They will also be applied to the target system being installed at the end of the installation process. If -o is specified, a bootable ISO image is created in the file media.iso that contains the Solaris install media. The ISO image can then be burned onto a CD/DVD with utilities such as cdrw(1) or cdrecord(1). (The latter is not a SunOS man page.) OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d media-root Top-level directory of on-disk image of Solaris installation media. This is option must be specified. -o iso Create a Solaris ISO image of media-root. -l label Label/volume name of the ISO image (if -o option is specified). If -o is not specified, the name of Solaris directory under media-root, for example, Solaris_10, will be used. -v Verbose. Multiple -v options increase verbosity. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: pkg_or_patch [pkg_or_patch ...] One or more patches or packages (you can have both patches and packages in a single command) with which the Solaris installation media media-root will be updated. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Updating a Solaris Install Image with Patch and Package The following command updates the Solaris install image in s10u1 by adding patch 123456-07 and package SUNWfoo. # /usr/bin/patchmedia -d s10u1 SUNWfoo 123456-07 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cdrw(1), mkcd(1M), attributes(5) mkisofs(8), (/usr/share/man/man8/mkisofs.8), in the SUNWfsman package (not a SunOS man page) SunOS 5.11 29 Jul 2008 patchmedia(1M)