Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD PPPoE + mpd = MSN messenger not works Post 302154431 by sniper007 on Sunday 30th of December 2007 08:32:18 AM
Old 12-30-2007
thank you very much

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dns/pppoe Problems

I would appreciate any help anyone could give. I am having DNS problems... Here are the facts: linux: 2.2.16 Distrib: SUSE 7.0 pppd: rp-pppoe ISP: Verizon Avenue IP: Dynamic DNS: 10.5.0.65 ??? Default Gateway: 10.5.0.65 ???? I have tried putting the above IP into /etc/resolv.conf with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Recon
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

msn messenger behind a firewall

hi is there a way to use msn messenger behind a firewall that only allowed http (port 80)??? Maybe there is a patch or whatever...? i know that icq offers a "light version" to chat via http... please gimme a tip as soon as possible, boredom is getting me more everyday ......and to avoid it, i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomapam
3 Replies

3. SCO

pppoe

Greetings... I'm looking for a pppoe client for SCO SYS_V can u guys gimme some help ? a website address or even the program name would be just fine. Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nEuRoMaNcEr
1 Replies

4. Solaris

effect of change of mpd preferred path settings

Hello All, In the output of the command "mpdcontrol -no xlist", I found that, some of the preferred paths are marked as "err". You can see the output below: # mpdcontrol -noxlist Unit Dev# MPD_ID/Policy DeviceName FC_AL DevMajMin IOcnt State... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar3350
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

msn messenger problem with squid

Dear All I m running Linux Proxy Server on RHEL-5 64bit for providing http access to users in my office, i m facing a problem while using msn messenger on LAN, we access msn messenger through above mentioned proxy server, whenever I sign in to msn messenger, it gets signed on but after a short... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surfer24
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

msn messenger login issue

I have configured squid-2.6 and Dansguardian 2.10.0.3 on RHEL5 for caching and web filtering for my office internet users. i m facing problems in loging into msn messenger, i have put acls in squid and msn ips in dansguardian exceptionsite list but still not getting msn messenger login, my squid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surfer24
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Tip: get MPD to remember the last played song for all playlists

Hi to all MPD users or those who are willing to use it! If you don't already know what is MPD, it is the Music Player Daemon, which is very easy to use and has tons of good clients to manage it. It loads all your music collection database instantly (mine is about 50GB!) into the memory, is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: teresaejunior
3 Replies

8. Slackware

pppoe-start not working

Hello. I'm new here and i'm new to slack (concept) as well. I made a connection for pppoe with pppoe-setup, bringed up eth0 with ifconfig but when i try pppoe-connect i get "Cannot determine ethernet address for proxy ARP" and with pppoe-start i get "child pppd process terminated". How can i make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: editheraven
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

authentication of VM's via PPPoE

I have two VM's running on Ubuntu box.Their name and IP addresses are give below. nas 192.168.129.153 home_user 192.168.129.152 I establish a ppp connection between the two machines #nas (server) sudo pppd noauth local lock defaultroute... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik.sharma
0 Replies
Finance::QuoteHist::MSN(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Finance::QuoteHist::MSN(3pm)

NAME
Finance::QuoteHist::MSN - Site-specific class for retrieving historical stock quotes. SYNOPSIS
use Finance::QuoteHist::MSN; $q = Finance::QuoteHist::MSN->new ( symbols => [qw(IBM UPS AMZN)], start_date => '01/01/1999', end_date => 'today', ); foreach $row ($q->quotes()) { ($symbol, $date, $open, $high, $low, $close, $volume) = @$row; ... } DESCRIPTION
Finance::QuoteHist::MSN is a subclass of Finance::QuoteHist::Generic, specifically tailored to read historical quotes from the MSN financial web site (http://moneycentral.msn.com/). Note that Quotemedia is currently the site that provides historical quote data for such other sites as Silicon Investor, which was the target of a module in an earlier release of this distribution. MSN does not currently provide information on dividends or splits. Please see Finance::QuoteHist::Generic(3) for more details on usage and available methods. If you just want to get historical quotes and are not interested in the details of how it is done, check out Finance::QuoteHist(3). METHODS
The basic user interface consists of a single method, as shown in the example above. That method is: quotes() Returns a list of rows (or a reference to an array containing those rows, if in scalar context). Each row contains the Symbol, Date, Open, High, Low, Close, and Volume for that date. Quote values are pre-adjusted for this site. REQUIRES
Finance::QuoteHist::Generic DISCLAIMER
The data returned from these modules is in no way guaranteed, nor are the developers responsible in any way for how this data (or lack thereof) is used. The interface is based on URLs and page layouts that might change at any time. Even though these modules are designed to be adaptive under these circumstances, they will at some point probably be unable to retrieve data unless fixed or provided with new parameters. Furthermore, the data from these web sites is usually not even guaranteed by the web sites themselves, and oftentimes is acquired elsewhere. Details for MSN's terms of use can be found here: http://privacy2.msn.com/tou/en-us/default.aspx If you still have concerns, then use another site-specific historical quote instance, or none at all. Above all, play nice. AUTHOR
Matthew P. Sisk, <sisk@mojotoad.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Matthew P. Sisk. All rights reserved. All wrongs revenged. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Finance::QuoteHist::Generic(3), Finance::QuoteHist(3), perl(1). perl v5.12.4 2010-06-06 Finance::QuoteHist::MSN(3pm)