Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD PPPoE + mpd = MSN messenger not works Post 302154260 by ramen_noodle on Friday 28th of December 2007 03:48:03 PM
Old 12-28-2007
This problem is well known and described here:
Renaud Waldura's Cheaper Broadband with FreeBSD and DSL
Search for '6.3.3' or 'tcpmssd'.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dns/pppoe Problems

I would appreciate any help anyone could give. I am having DNS problems... Here are the facts: linux: 2.2.16 Distrib: SUSE 7.0 pppd: rp-pppoe ISP: Verizon Avenue IP: Dynamic DNS: 10.5.0.65 ??? Default Gateway: 10.5.0.65 ???? I have tried putting the above IP into /etc/resolv.conf with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Recon
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

msn messenger behind a firewall

hi is there a way to use msn messenger behind a firewall that only allowed http (port 80)??? Maybe there is a patch or whatever...? i know that icq offers a "light version" to chat via http... please gimme a tip as soon as possible, boredom is getting me more everyday ......and to avoid it, i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomapam
3 Replies

3. SCO

pppoe

Greetings... I'm looking for a pppoe client for SCO SYS_V can u guys gimme some help ? a website address or even the program name would be just fine. Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nEuRoMaNcEr
1 Replies

4. Solaris

effect of change of mpd preferred path settings

Hello All, In the output of the command "mpdcontrol -no xlist", I found that, some of the preferred paths are marked as "err". You can see the output below: # mpdcontrol -noxlist Unit Dev# MPD_ID/Policy DeviceName FC_AL DevMajMin IOcnt State... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar3350
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

msn messenger problem with squid

Dear All I m running Linux Proxy Server on RHEL-5 64bit for providing http access to users in my office, i m facing a problem while using msn messenger on LAN, we access msn messenger through above mentioned proxy server, whenever I sign in to msn messenger, it gets signed on but after a short... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surfer24
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

msn messenger login issue

I have configured squid-2.6 and Dansguardian 2.10.0.3 on RHEL5 for caching and web filtering for my office internet users. i m facing problems in loging into msn messenger, i have put acls in squid and msn ips in dansguardian exceptionsite list but still not getting msn messenger login, my squid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surfer24
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Tip: get MPD to remember the last played song for all playlists

Hi to all MPD users or those who are willing to use it! If you don't already know what is MPD, it is the Music Player Daemon, which is very easy to use and has tons of good clients to manage it. It loads all your music collection database instantly (mine is about 50GB!) into the memory, is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: teresaejunior
3 Replies

8. Slackware

pppoe-start not working

Hello. I'm new here and i'm new to slack (concept) as well. I made a connection for pppoe with pppoe-setup, bringed up eth0 with ifconfig but when i try pppoe-connect i get "Cannot determine ethernet address for proxy ARP" and with pppoe-start i get "child pppd process terminated". How can i make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: editheraven
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

authentication of VM's via PPPoE

I have two VM's running on Ubuntu box.Their name and IP addresses are give below. nas 192.168.129.153 home_user 192.168.129.152 I establish a ppp connection between the two machines #nas (server) sudo pppd noauth local lock defaultroute... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik.sharma
0 Replies
PPPOE-START(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    PPPOE-START(8)

NAME
pppoe-start - Shell script to bring up a PPPoE link SYNOPSIS
pppoe-start [config_file] pppoe-start interface user [config_file] DESCRIPTION
pppoe-start is a shell script which starts the Roaring Penguin user-space PPPoE client. If you omit config_file, the default file /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf is used. If you supply interface and user, then they override the Ethernet interface and user-name settings in the configuration file. AUTHOR
pppoe-start was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), pppoe-stop(8), pppoe-connect(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe-setup(8), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-relay(8), pppoe- server(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 PPPOE-START(8)