Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD PPPoE + mpd = MSN messenger not works Post 302152400 by sniper007 on Wednesday 19th of December 2007 07:02:20 PM
Old 12-19-2007
PPPoE + mpd = MSN messenger not works

HI!

Because ppp deamon by no means reconnect if connection droped i try mpd. Mpd successful recoennct and all works fine except one problem, MSN messenger can't sign in (error 81000360). With ppp deamon msn works good.

With mpd and ppp have exactly firewall settings "OPEN"...

Where is the problem? Thanks

rc.conf
Code:
gateway_enable="YES"
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_type="OPEN"
natd_enable="YES"
natd_interface="ng0"
natd_flags="-f /etc/natd.conf"

ipfw list

Code:
 [root@gw /home/sniper 17:16:40] #  ipfw list
00050 divert 8668 ip4 from any to any via ng0
00100 allow ip from any to any via lo0
00200 deny ip from any to 127.0.0.0/8
00300 deny ip from 127.0.0.0/8 to any
65000 allow ip from any to any
65535 deny ip from any to any
 [root@gw /home/sniper 17:16:44] #

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dns/pppoe Problems

I would appreciate any help anyone could give. I am having DNS problems... Here are the facts: linux: 2.2.16 Distrib: SUSE 7.0 pppd: rp-pppoe ISP: Verizon Avenue IP: Dynamic DNS: 10.5.0.65 ??? Default Gateway: 10.5.0.65 ???? I have tried putting the above IP into /etc/resolv.conf with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Recon
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

msn messenger behind a firewall

hi is there a way to use msn messenger behind a firewall that only allowed http (port 80)??? Maybe there is a patch or whatever...? i know that icq offers a "light version" to chat via http... please gimme a tip as soon as possible, boredom is getting me more everyday ......and to avoid it, i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomapam
3 Replies

3. SCO

pppoe

Greetings... I'm looking for a pppoe client for SCO SYS_V can u guys gimme some help ? a website address or even the program name would be just fine. Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nEuRoMaNcEr
1 Replies

4. Solaris

effect of change of mpd preferred path settings

Hello All, In the output of the command "mpdcontrol -no xlist", I found that, some of the preferred paths are marked as "err". You can see the output below: # mpdcontrol -noxlist Unit Dev# MPD_ID/Policy DeviceName FC_AL DevMajMin IOcnt State... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar3350
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

msn messenger problem with squid

Dear All I m running Linux Proxy Server on RHEL-5 64bit for providing http access to users in my office, i m facing a problem while using msn messenger on LAN, we access msn messenger through above mentioned proxy server, whenever I sign in to msn messenger, it gets signed on but after a short... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surfer24
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

msn messenger login issue

I have configured squid-2.6 and Dansguardian 2.10.0.3 on RHEL5 for caching and web filtering for my office internet users. i m facing problems in loging into msn messenger, i have put acls in squid and msn ips in dansguardian exceptionsite list but still not getting msn messenger login, my squid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surfer24
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Tip: get MPD to remember the last played song for all playlists

Hi to all MPD users or those who are willing to use it! If you don't already know what is MPD, it is the Music Player Daemon, which is very easy to use and has tons of good clients to manage it. It loads all your music collection database instantly (mine is about 50GB!) into the memory, is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: teresaejunior
3 Replies

8. Slackware

pppoe-start not working

Hello. I'm new here and i'm new to slack (concept) as well. I made a connection for pppoe with pppoe-setup, bringed up eth0 with ifconfig but when i try pppoe-connect i get "Cannot determine ethernet address for proxy ARP" and with pppoe-start i get "child pppd process terminated". How can i make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: editheraven
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

authentication of VM's via PPPoE

I have two VM's running on Ubuntu box.Their name and IP addresses are give below. nas 192.168.129.153 home_user 192.168.129.152 I establish a ppp connection between the two machines #nas (server) sudo pppd noauth local lock defaultroute... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik.sharma
0 Replies
IPFW(4)                                                    BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                    IPFW(4)

NAME
ipfw -- IP packet filter and traffic accounting SYNOPSIS
To compile ipfw into the kernel, place the following option in the kernel configuration file: options IPFIREWALL Other kernel options related to ipfw which may also be useful are: options IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT options IPFIREWALL_FORWARD options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100 To load ipfw as a module at boot time, add the following line into the loader.conf(5) file: ipfw_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ipfw system facility allows filtering, redirecting, and other operations on IP packets travelling through network interfaces. The default behavior of ipfw is to block all incoming and outgoing traffic. This behavior can be modified, to allow all traffic through the ipfw firewall by default, by enabling the IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT kernel option. This option may be useful when configuring ipfw for the first time. If the default ipfw behavior is to allow everything, it is easier to cope with firewall-tuning mistakes which may acciden- tally block all traffic. To enable logging of packets passing through ipfw, enable the IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE kernel option. The IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT option will prevent syslogd(8) from flooding system logs or causing local Denial of Service. This option may be set to the number of packets which will be logged on a per-entry basis before the entry is rate-limited. Policy routing and transparent forwarding features of ipfw can be enabled by IPFIREWALL_FORWARD kernel option. The user interface for ipfw is implemented by the ipfw(8) utility, so please refer to the ipfw(8) manpage for a complete description of the ipfw capabilities and how to use it. SEE ALSO
setsockopt(2), divert(4), ip(4), ipfw(8), sysctl(8), syslogd(8), pfil(9) BSD September 1, 2006 BSD